Wiki Posts
Search

Potential Rerouting

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Potential Rerouting

I have a flight fairly soon. I've never flown on Air France before, so I don't know how they operate. I'm flying BNE-HKG-CDG-ABZ. The BNE-HKG is on an AF codeshare operated by QF. QF is suspending their flights to mainland China soon, but at this stage, HKG is still operating. I just wanted to ask whether AF will be fairly pro-active with re-routing (maybe through SIN) if QF happened to suspend their HKG flights as well. Tickets are in paid J if that makes any difference.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:21 am

Hi
I had a similar situation, flying BLL-AMS-HKG-MNL, last leg on Philippine Airlines.
I called KLM and they rebooked me free of charge on BLL-AMS-TPE/MNL, the direct KL807 flight. Probably because I’m FB Platinum, they’re a bit more flexible.
You can contact AF on social media or call them and ask. Id try another time if first agent is saying no because HKG flights are not suspended (yet).
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by BobTL
Hi
I had a similar situation, flying BLL-AMS-HKG-MNL, last leg on Philippine Airlines.
I called KLM and they rebooked me free of charge on BLL-AMS-TPE/MNL, the direct KL807 flight. Probably because I’m FB Platinum, they’re a bit more flexible.
You can contact AF on social media or call them and ask. Id try another time if first agent is saying no because HKG flights are not suspended (yet).
Thanks. I'm only in transit through HKG and it's still a little way off. So I'm not super concerned about it yet. The QF flight is booked under an AF flight number. I just wanted to be aware of how Air France is likely to react. I live in Australia, so I don't have any status with FB.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by weegraeme
Thanks. I'm only in transit through HKG and it's still a little way off. So I'm not super concerned about it yet. The QF flight is booked under an AF flight number. I just wanted to be aware of how Air France is likely to react. I live in Australia, so I don't have any status with FB.
I do understand. My flight was also only a transit in HKG and I asked for a rerouting which KLM accepted free of charge.
You can always ask, doesn’t cost anything 😁😁
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:41 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
You could ask. I'm pretty sure that KLM will be accommodating.

However do make sure that you are prepared. I'd have at least one, possibly two, preferred routes on hand to ask for those specifically. Make sure that these routes are offered for sale through KLM (or Skyteam) so that there is nothing preventing them from rebooking you. The easier you make it for them, the higher the chances for them to be willing and that you get your preferred routing.

Most likely KLM will not rebook on flights outside of the alliance as long as there is no formal decision to stop flying to HKG. So find something that suits you well, on KLM or alternatively Skyteam, and propose that specific routing. Alternatively, just wait. If your flight is still months out (?) things may have settled down by then.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by BobTL
My flight was also only a transit in HKG and I asked for a rerouting which KLM accepted free of charge.
You can always ask, doesn’t cost anything 😁😁
I did the same yesterday after I read this: I phoned KLM and changed my early March MNL-HKG (CX) and HKG-AMS (KL) to MNL-TPE-AMS (KL808).
Only had to ask twice .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.