AF TUN-CDG-LHR economy booked in F class

Old Jan 14, 20, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Delta GM
AF TUN-CDG-LHR economy booked in F class

Hi there,

Hope I'm in the right place. I fly AF quite a bit and get those travels credited on Delta.

I booked a return economy trip recently NCE-CDG-TUN-CDG-LHR and the first part to Tunis was booked in H while the second part, TUN-CDG-LHR, was booked in F.

I didn't even notice this before the miles credited on my Delta Skymiles account as I ended up with the bonuses you get when flying La Premičre and got curious.

Anyone can explain? Have AF started to use F booking class on some markets in Economy?

Thank you!

Old Jan 14, 20, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
F is indeed a booking fare in Eco in medium haul with AF for something like 2 years IIRC.
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Wow, ok, didn't know that, thanks!

Since I posted I checked DL's earning table for AF flights and indeed F is mentioned as Economy for intra Europe and domestic flights.

TUN might just be a loophole then as still medium haul but not in Europe. 300% miles though
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by quentinr View Post
Wow, ok, didn't know that, thanks!

Since I posted I checked DL's earning table for AF flights and indeed F is mentioned as Economy for intra Europe and domestic flights.

TUN might just be a loophole then as still medium haul but not in Europe. 300% miles though
Northern Africa/Israel pretty much falls within the same category as Europe for AF, if you plan on crediting the flight to DL, please report back if it actually posts as 300% or 100%.
Old Jan 15, 20, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
Northern Africa/Israel pretty much falls within the same category as Europe for AF, if you plan on crediting the flight to DL, please report back if it actually posts as 300% or 100%.
Oh this wasn’t an hypothetical question. It happened already:

i hadn’t even notice the F fare class before I saw this strange credit and checked my ticket
Xandrios, ijgordon and af fp like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: