AF Android app repeated failed login issues

Old Jan 10, 20, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AF Android app repeated failed login issues

I seem to encounter regular issues with login into the AF Android app. I never have any problem while at home. However, on the road, I regularly face the problem of the AF app no longer recognising me, asking me to login again, and then sending an error message. At that point, trying again is a waste of time as the issues repeats itself.

As far as I can gather, it seems to be related to reCaptcha; it seems to be in some (public) locations but not others; ironically, I will almost invariably encounter the problem in AF CDG lounges: it usually is OK on first connection when entering the lounge but, at some point, will stop recognising me and will refuse to reconnect to my account no matter what. It is a real pain for mobile BPs, as I end up having to enter my booking ref and flight # to regain access to my BPs. By contrast, I never have any problem with the KLM app so when the BPs are available in the KL app, I will get them from there but it often happens that, when I first check-in via AF, KL won't let me check in again to get the BP on there too.

Has anybody experienced that and found the cause of the problem and, even better, a solution?
Old Jan 12, 20, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No reply in the last couple of days, so I take it that this is a problem with my phone only.
Old Jan 12, 20, 9:26 pm

Agreed, the app also regularly logs me out, immediately tries to log-on again, and waits on reCaptcha to make sure I'm not a bot. Most of the time I don't have to type my password, but it takes a long time with a spotty connection, in front of an agent.

Now I use the button 'GPay Save to phone' that's on top of the boarding pass, to save it to the GPay app. It also comes with a sticky notification.
NickB likes this.

Last edited by AlvinMaker; Jan 14, 20 at 4:06 pm
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:24 am

Programs: FB platinum
Same for me and my gf. It's been like that for more than a year, at least. And yes it happened to me a few time that after arriving in the lounge in CDG, I suddenly get logged out, and sometimes can't even log back in... It's quite annoying that they can't make this work correctly, I've reported the issue many times without hearing anything constructive from AF...
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lynxy View Post
I suddenly get logged out, and sometimes can't even log back in...
That is exactly my issue, except that it is not "sometimes": it is always: as soon as I get logged out of the app, every attempt to login again afterwards results in an error message, telling me to try again later (except that trying again later results in exactly the same outcome). I can still access my BP but I have to enter the reservation and flight number each time, as if I did not have a FB account. The issue only resolves itself when I move somewhere else and connect via another WIFI provider.
Old Jan 14, 20, 9:14 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
That is exactly my issue, except that it is not "sometimes": it is always: as soon as I get logged out of the app, every attempt to login again afterwards results in an error message, telling me to try again later (except that trying again later results in exactly the same outcome). I can still access my BP but I have to enter the reservation and flight number each time, as if I did not have a FB account. The issue only resolves itself when I move somewhere else and connect via another WIFI provider.
Are you saying that the problems you face arise in the AF lounges when connecting through WIFI (i.e. not through 4G)?
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lynxy View Post
Same for me and my gf. It's been like that for more than a year, at least. And yes it happened to me a few time that after arriving in the lounge in CDG, I suddenly get logged out, and sometimes can't even log back in... It's quite annoying that they can't make this work correctly, I've reported the issue many times without hearing anything constructive from AF...
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
Are you saying that the problems you face arise in the AF lounges when connecting through WIFI (i.e. not through 4G)?
This has happened to me many times on iOS devices and several times in the same circumstances as lynxy arriving at the gate in CDG just when you need to show the BP. I have noticed that it tends to happen more often when the network is poor and this is clearly the case in CDG (4G network is very bad and wifi in AF lounges is very slow). But it is less frequent now. It was more of a problem on a version they released some months ago.

Last edited by Goldorak; Jan 14, 20 at 11:47 pm
Old Jan 14, 20, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
Yep.
Old Jan 15, 20, 6:31 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
There may have been such a large amount of failed login attempts from those Wifi networks that the AF website/app has automatically banned that network (IP), or part of it. When you're on such blocked network I can imagine that you get logged out.
NickB and The doomed like this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
There may have been such a large amount of failed login attempts from those Wifi networks that the AF website/app has automatically banned that network (IP), or part of it. When you're on such blocked network I can imagine that you get logged out.
That sounds like a plausible explanation, notwithstanding the paradox it entails.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: