Payment problem on award

Old Dec 30, 19, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Payment problem on award

I am trying to book an award, paying by visa.
Everything goes smooth, I get Verified by Visa, my bank says that the the OTP code obtained by SMS is validated and transfers me back to the merchant. But then AF sends me to a page that does not exist.
My PNR is created (i see it on my AF account "en attente"). I get an email from AF, that payment has not been received and they add a 24 euro service fee.They say it must be made before date, but that field is left blank.
When I can get through the AF call center and explain the problem, they just hang up.
I tried to make the same booking again, assuming that the other booking will auto-cancel, but same problem.

Is that due to a known AF bug today, or to my credit card system?
VERY frustrating.
Old Dec 30, 19, 3:03 am

It happens from time to time, but I never had trouble getting the phone agents (granted though I call the Plat line) to take my CC details and issue the e-ticket.. just call them again.
Old Dec 30, 19, 3:26 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
I am trying to book an award, paying by visa.
Everything goes smooth, I get Verified by Visa, my bank says that the the OTP code obtained by SMS is validated and transfers me back to the merchant. But then AF sends me to a page that does not exist.
you have an issue during payment , probably due to 3ds or 2 factor authentication . Is this enabled by default for your card ? where your journey starts and where is your card issued from ??

if journey starts in another country , is your card enabled for foreign payments ?

what is this page that does not exist ?? any error message or more details ?

meanwhile can you ask your bank to track the transaction and give more details ?

IMy PNR is created (i see it on my AF account "en attente"). I get an email from AF, that payment has not been received and they add a 24 euro service fee.They say it must be made before date
i guess its normal if you dont pay straight after booking

When I can get through the AF call center and explain the problem, they just hang up.
really ??? strange, did you call again ???

I tried to make the same booking again, assuming that the other booking will auto-cancel, but same problem.
do you have another card from another bank ?? cause i guess the problem is coming from your card/bank . Depends on the country of departure (where you are from is irrelevant) you can

Last edited by fifty_two; Dec 30, 19 at 3:38 am
Old Dec 30, 19, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
you have an issue during payment , probably due to 3ds or 2 factor authentication . Is this enabled by default for your card ? where your journey starts and where is your card issued from ??

if journey starts in another country , is your card enabled for foreign payments ?

what is this page that does not exist ?? any error message or more details ?

meanwhile can you ask your bank to track the transaction and give more details ?

i guess its normal if you dont pay straight after booking

really ??? strange, did you call again ???

do you have another card from another bank ?? cause i guess the problem is coming from your card/bank . Depends on the country of departure (where you are from is irrelevant) you can
Many thanks for trying to help.
I use a French visa card that I use very frequently and a domestic French flight.
As usual with VbV, my bank sends a SMS password and AF shows the bank screen where I enter that password. The bank screen states that my transaction is validated. Then I am supposed to return to the AF webpage but it bugs. Nevertheless the booking is made and shows on my FB account but miles are not deducted. I tried with another French bank card. The screen of that bank shows also, I get the SMS password, enters it and is validated. It then returns me to the main AF page rather than to my booking as usual. This time, the booking is not even completed.

My guess is that this is An AF IT bug related to booking award.
I would appreciate if anyone got the same trouble booking awards.
Each time it is a small cash payment (60), but I might have initiated it three times.
Old Dec 30, 19, 8:59 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It's happened to me a few times. Usually if you just call up they push the payment through for you and issue the ticket there and then. I'm surprised that they hang up, I've always found the call centers pretty good.
Old Jan 3, 20, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I tried three times with three different credit cards , same happened each time (VbV validated but never returned to AF.com, no miles deducted, booking created but waiting for payment).
After many long calls, an agent explained that the whole FB system was being updated and that booking with miles was not working. They would try process manually. After 5 days, the system is working again this morning.
blairvanhorn and olivedel like this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 2:12 am

Programs: FB LTPE, EK Silver, SK Diamond, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Spire, Accorhotels Gold
For next time, bear in mind that the Social Servicing teams on Twitter are very good, and can help you with that matter.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: