Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 J product review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
A350 J product review

Hi guys

I was looking forward to it and I just landed in CDG from YYZ with the brand new A350.

Here is a short review and I found nice and not...

The 1st impression inside is nice, probably due to the new interior with a ceiling that seems higher than 777. It looks similar than 787 Dreamliner.
You have more space to store your luggage above your seat than 777.

Interior lights are similar to 787 with a nice and smooth transition from night time to day lights.

I am always sitting on 1st row, window side so I chose 1C but that was probably not the best move as the seat is slightly directed to alley and not window. 2A seems more private.

Airbus made an amazing job on the noise as its very silent !

The new seat from Zodiac is really nice and colours are much more modern than Best cabin.
3 points seatbelt for take off and landing... not very cumfortable but probably safer.
The new seat seems slightly wider, especially for feet.
Remote control is very simple compared to Best cabin with a kind of joystick that is not that user friendly while the screen is wider with a really nice quality !
The coat hanger is, as always, not very easy to use as you can hardly use it without making your coat fall.

New button to inform flight attendants that you do not want to be disturbed.

One bad point, only 2 toilets for J cabin while the one next to cockpit is closed 20 min for take off and then once the descent has started which is when everybody wants to use them.
So there was 3 person waiting on the remaining one and 2 of them had to go back to their seat as we were landing

To summarise
The + :
- very silent
- new modern seat but too hard (apparently mattress will be added to J product very soon) ^
- screen quality
- Bigger window as in P with automatic curtains

The - :
- Hard seat
- 1C is not as private as 2A
- Storage "box" is not very accessible as you need to turn yourself too much (some back pain to come...)

Some pics below

Last edited by matmatlr; Nov 16, 2019 at 1:33 am
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks a lot for this 1st A350 J report ^
the remote control is the same as in the A330 new J. The seat part looks very similar to the new A330 J seat, but the surroundings are different.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
And here you have some pictures of the W product.

Personnally, I really liked better this new seat compared with the old one. Recline is really good, seat is confortable and there is a good legroom. Screen is bigger and really easy to use.

Enjoy!

Alexbelt

PeteM01, Goldorak and Milkman like this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Is it just me, or does that shoulder belt look like it'd be uncomfortable to lean on / get in the way?
newflyer27 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Is it just me, or does that shoulder belt look like it'd be uncomfortable to lean on / get in the way?
Is not really the best belt but you get used to it easily.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
And it's only used for take off and landing
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by matmatlr
And it's only used for take off and landing
I was thinking more "uncomfortable when it's not buckled since it's in the middle of the seat"...not to mention people are different heights.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

I was thinking more "uncomfortable when it's not buckled since it's in the middle of the seat"...not to mention people are different heights.
My bad
Honestly, it did not bother me that much
Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: Many
Agree that A350 is amazingly quiet, specially at the front. The air moisture is also much more higher than in previous generation aircrafts and that is really a game changer for comfort during long flights.

Re AF, I am concerned about the maintenance when you look at how worn out the Best seats after a few years...
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:22 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Just booked my first flight on an AF A359 and picked the most forward true window seat 2L. At which row does (if at all) the fuselage taper inwards towards the nose? Might choose a different seat further back if the forward one loses some width due to the fuselage taper.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't answer your question for this particular seat, but I've been on other aircraft with a similar three-point configuration and can confirm that although the protruding buckle may not be a pain in the a*s, it can certainly be a pain in the back. YMMV, depending you how tall and/or broad-shouldered you are. The solution is to pull out the belt and jam the buckle somewhere behind the headrest or so.

The point of these three-pointers has always eluded me. Same goes for those even more annoying seatbelts with built-in airbags the size and shape of huge salamis.

Chance of an accident: one in a zillion. Chance of a three-point seatbelt makeing a difference: negligible. Chance of seatbelt causing annoyance or discomfort: 100%

Johan
Solevita and dmarge18 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.