Where to transfer AX points for most benefit?

Old Sep 19, 19, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Where to transfer AX points for most benefit?

I have a good amount of American Express points for which I am considering an airline transfer. Though we have flown to Europe several times using BA and UA points, I am more interested in using my airline mileage for trips in the USA these coming years.
I am interested in FlyerTalk discussion on what might work best for my wife and I in the coming 2 years. British Airways presently has a 40% bonus, but flying to Europe always goes through London which has very high taxes.
I am considering:
  • British Airways because of there low mileage requirements for the east coast where I live; I may want to fly to Florida to initiate a cruise trip
  • Singapore Airlines because of reduce mileage from USA to Hawaii and Caribbean (No bonuses found yet thru AX)
  • Delta or Air France because of the flexibility and non-expiring mileage. (No bonuses found yet thru AX)
  • What other possibilities might readers suggest?
Thanks for the relating of your experience! My wife and I flew to Vienna, Armenia, Warsaw, and back to USA on flyer miles last May and have used up all we have!!
Old Sep 22, 19, 8:07 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
I usually transfer them to Delta but this is because I also accrue a large number of miles on DL so the extra ones from Amex help a lot. Delta allows you to use Skymiles as a form of payment on DeltaVacations packages (1 cent per mile), but recently they ran a promotion where the value was 2 cents per mile. With 85,000 miles I purchased two roundtrips to Europe on AF in Economy class and 4 nights of hotel (total value for 85,000 miles was around $1,700). The best part is that I will still earn miles and MQMs because these tickets are not considered award tickets.

Search this Thread