No On-Line Check-In for PEK

Old Sep 16, 19, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Gold, QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
No On-Line Check-In for PEK

I just attempted to check-in online and got a message this was not possible. Is this normal for flights from CDG to China?
Old Sep 16, 19, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
I believe it's quite common as most citizenship require a visa or check for eligibility to TWOV, so they want to force a stop at the counter to check this.
Braniff likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 3:07 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Flew a few times to China via CDG from AMS - more recently direct with KLM - and even more recently with China Eastern from Indonesia - and I cannot recall I had trouble to do e-check in.....
Braniff likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Gold, QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
I just got an e-mail from Air France ten minutes ago inviting me to check-in. It took me to the English version of their China website. (The ticket was purchased in China.) I was able to check-in through there with no problem ! I had tried both to check-in through their French website and their App just a few minutes earlier. Very surprising these systems do not seem to be linked !

I was also surprised to see the VERY low load in Business if the seat map is anything to go by.
Old Sep 17, 19, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
I never has problems to OLCI on flights to China from anywhere.
But they check passport at the airport and they have staff at the gate to check pax with hand luggage.

Search this Thread