Best Economy Seats Air France A380 [merged]

Old Sep 11, 19, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Best Economy Seats Air France A380 [merged]

Hi All,

First post on FlyerTalk. I am on Air France's A380 from ATL-CDG at the end of the month and after reading numerous reviews and trip reports am dreading this flight. I am very tall and worried about being comfortable for the overnight flight. I'm traveling with wife and am willing to pay for seat selection but have no idea which seat to select. I am also willing to look into upgrading to Premium Economy or Business. Unfortunately a lot of the reviews I've read contradict each other and everyone's experience has been different even on SeatGuru seem to not align with other websites. Here is what is available:

Lower Deck:
30A, 30B, 30K, 30L (window and middle)
34D

Upper Deck:
90D-90G (all middle section)
93K, 93L
93A, 93B
94K, 94L (last row)

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions!

Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 19, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Best Economy Seats Air France A380

Tall person looking to not be miserable for 9 hours. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 14, 19, 10:29 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
I always take the upper deck emergency exit row (windows have a little place between the seat and the windows to store stuff).
Did your wife also need legroom ?
I did not like business seat (old one).
PE is not a very good seat to sleep.
Old Sep 19, 19, 5:40 am

Programs: Flying blue
I have also tried the J and PE, and hate those seats, very uncomfortable to sleep in. Recently I had a flight on the a380 and I took a seat on the upper deck Y cabin
Since I was solo and not so tall, I had 89C, which was great for me. Plenty of leg room on the 91 row. However, there is no storage, you cannot place anything under the seat either.
But like they have mentioned here, on the side of the seat and window can be used for some storage

Search this Thread