AF Website Issue

Old Sep 3, 19, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Once again lowly AA Gold. Lots of AA, AS & DL miles & BA Avios + some UA miles, former CO Plat
AF Website Issue

I've been trying to look at our reservations on the AF website today for an upcoming trip PPT - LAX in Business. However, every time I enter the booking reference and my last name, the response is that I do not have a reservation. I made this reservation and paid for the trip some months ago. I called the U.S. reservation number for AF and spoke with a Delta agent. She noticed the problem as well....but then she made an inquiry via the KLM system and our reservations came up. However, still no joy with regard to the AF website.

Anyone else experiencing this type of problem today?
Old Sep 3, 19, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Did you try with the e-ticket number ?
You can also try on KL or SV website. But it all depends what you want to do. If OLCI, then SV is not an option.
Old Sep 3, 19, 6:11 pm

This is really crazy. I'm so fed up with Air France's IT issues.

It's been really bad lately, and one of the most frustrating issue I've encountered and still encountering is that they never display all the available flights across SkyTeam when making a booking. Search for a roundtrip between JFK and AMS; AF will only show flights connecting in Paris, none of the direct options. KLM and Delta show everything. This has been going on for months now and personally I find this absolutely unacceptable.

Add that with some seat map issues also discussed in other topics (like not possible to pick window seats in La Premiere on AF website, but possible on KLM website!? what the heck??).

And now this . I guess everyone was on vacation for 2 months so let's see if September will bring enhancements.
Old Sep 3, 19, 11:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Looking for CDG/BHX//SOU/RNS a few days ago and would end up with an error message at the end of flight selection saying that the combination was not possible, despite flights showing. Had to book an option via plat line which I let lapse.

Then, a few days later, I triedd again and saw the flights I wanted, including the SOU/RNS diect flight which I could book.

A few hours later, the flights were gone! Could not believe it. Went to KL website and they were still showing. Booked on KL website, all AF coded flights. How ridiculous!
Old Sep 5, 19, 11:17 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Plenty of issues lately...
  • Trying to add a reservation to my personal space because it doesn't show. Type in the PNR, system works a bit, and says "booking is already in your space" - but it isn't
  • In the reservation overview for some bookings only the first leg of the booking is shown
  • On the payment page, one is asked whether one wants to pay with the stored credit card, the number of which is shown. However, on the next page, the credit card number needs to be entered
  • Trouble with pricing multi-leg trips, open jaws... says that flights have to be in sequence, despite the ones selected are in sequence
  • The app is even worse, some of the above issues, plus: bookings with fully flexible tickets show as "ticket not changeable"
I really really like the design, usability and functionalities of the AF apps on iOS and also the website. But the bugs that recently have become more prevalent really spoil that experience
brunos likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
Plenty of issues lately...
  • Trying to add a reservation to my personal space because it doesn't show. Type in the PNR, system works a bit, and says "booking is already in your space" - but it isn't
  • In the reservation overview for some bookings only the first leg of the booking is shown
  • On the payment page, one is asked whether one wants to pay with the stored credit card, the number of which is shown. However, on the next page, the credit card number needs to be entered
  • Trouble with pricing multi-leg trips, open jaws... says that flights have to be in sequence, despite the ones selected are in sequence
  • The app is even worse, some of the above issues, plus: bookings with fully flexible tickets show as "ticket not changeable"
I really really like the design, usability and functionalities of the AF apps on iOS and also the website. But the bugs that recently have become more prevalent really spoil that experience
indeed, several issues recently despite many updates of the App.
- Like you, I have some fully flex corporate bookings in J long-haul that show as non-modifiable/non-refundable in the app
- I today purchased a paid upgrade. At the final step, when processing the payment, I got an error message saying that the action and transaction were cancelled. But when starting over, I saw that my seat was updated to the right class and that the payment went through and that I received the confirmation by email.
- flights status : the date by default is not the date of the day as before, but the date of the last time you looked for a flight status. Also, if you are on a different time zone than Paris, the app is completely lost. For instance, I was in the US last week. If, on sept 1st, I wanted to look for a flight status, I needed to fill sept 3 as the date
Old Sep 5, 19, 4:32 pm

<div style="text-align:left;">Oh yes, that one, completely forgot about it, it drive me absolutely nuts for several weeks: when searching for flights the app always showed availability for one day BEFORE the date entered! Once I didn’t notice, booked the flight and only a few days later noticed by coincidence. Booked the same flight for the right date and called the Plat line who refunded the ticket for the wrong date without fee because of “system error”<br /><br />And the other really annoying was the absurd treatment of married segments: had a flight JFK-CDG-HAJ, with an early flight (19H) from JFK and a later flight (12H55) from CDG to HAJ. When searching for JFK-HAJ as one trip the 19H departure only connected to an earlier or later CDG-HAJ than I had wanted, so supposedly the 12H55 from CDG to HAJ was full. However, when leaving later from JFK (21H) it did connect to the CDG-HAJ that I had wanted, so there actually was space on the CDG-HAJ at 12H55. The only way to get the flights that I wanted was to book them as a multi-stop trip, showing JFK-CDG and CDG-HAJ separately. I could chose the flights without problem and the same fare as all the others offered. Odd.</div>

Last edited by San Gottardo; Sep 5, 19 at 4:41 pm
Old Sep 6, 19, 9:17 am

Oh yes, that one, completely forgot about it, it drive me absolutely nuts for several weeks: when searching for flights the app always showed availability for one day BEFORE the date entered!
Something somewhat similar happens on the website: if you search for flights it'll show you the correct date, but if you go back to the search on the new UI the departure date automatically goes back to one day before. So definitely better be careful.

. The only way to get the flights that I wanted was to book them as a multi-stop trip, showing JFK-CDG and CDG-HAJ separately.
Out of curiosity, did you try the KLM website to see if it yields better results? It could be related to the issue I was referring to earlier, with AF results missing lots of options compared to KLM.
Old Sep 6, 19, 9:29 pm

Programs: AFKL Platinum/Club 2000, UA *G
Also, seat plus selection in Economy (free for Platinum members) is not possible on the AF app, but possible on the KL one.
Old Sep 8, 19, 6:27 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
So glad I’m not the only one! I have booked a P trip. Later I created an AF account so I could track it easily rather than always typing in Booking number or ticket number. Depending on which page I am on I am told that either the flight has already been added OR that adding it is not possible.

I’m still fairly excited about trying out the product but this is a hassle.

I do have a couple newbie-to-AF questions that I can’t find the answers to and I don’t have faith in the website to help. I’ll be posting more here, I guess
Old Sep 8, 19, 11:14 pm

I guarantee you that you’ll find more comprehensive answers here, and they’ll be correct. Just post your newbie questions, you’ll see it’s a friendly and helpful crowd here.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Sep 9, 19, 4:06 am

Programs: Many
Same problems here with existing bookings: visible on KL but not an AF, visible on the app but on the website, impossible to add some, impossible to open some...
Old Sep 9, 19, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Once again lowly AA Gold. Lots of AA, AS & DL miles & BA Avios + some UA miles, former CO Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Did you try with the e-ticket number ?
You can also try on KL or SV website. But it all depends what you want to do. If OLCI, then SV is not an option.
Well, I do not see an e-ticket number concerning the hard copy information I printed out following the purchase of our tickets.

And checking the AF website this morning using my booking reference, I still get the same message that states we do not have reservations on AF 0077.

However, using the same booking reference via the KL website, everything shows up just fine for our trip from PPT to LAX in business class including seat assignments.

It's been nearly a week now since I first noticed this issue on the AF website and apparently it remains unresolved. Should I be concerned?
Old Sep 9, 19, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
Well, I do not see an e-ticket number concerning the hard copy information I printed out following the purchase of our tickets.

And checking the AF website this morning using my booking reference, I still get the same message that states we do not have reservations on AF 0077.

However, using the same booking reference via the KL website, everything shows up just fine for our trip from PPT to LAX in business class including seat assignments.

It's been nearly a week now since I first noticed this issue on the AF website and apparently it remains unresolved. Should I be concerned?
should you be concerned ? No
if you want more reassurance, try to look on SV (Saudia) web site. And for the ticket number, as you can see the reservation in KL app, you can find the ticket number there and try it with AF.
Old Sep 10, 19, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
should you be concerned ? No
if you want more reassurance, try to look on SV (Saudia) web site. And for the ticket number, as you can see the reservation in KL app, you can find the ticket number there and try it with AF.
Many thanks!

Search this Thread