Paid Upgrade Business (Affaires) to First (La Premiere)?

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 13, 22, 10:47 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: drjeffrock
Wiki Link
Post your upgrade offers to LP here. Dates are MMM YY

FROM PARIS:
CDG-MEX -- Nov 20 -- 999 EUR
CDG-MEX -- Dec 21 -- 989 EUR
CDG-LAX -- July 21 -- 2434 USD
CDG-DXB -- Aug 21 -- 1019 EUR
CDG-IAD -- Aug 21 -- 1500 EUR
CDG-JFK -- Sep 21 -- 2269 EUR
CDG-JNB -- Sep 21 -- 1400 EUR
CDG-IAH -- Jan 22 - 1699 EUR
CDG-DXB -- Feb 22 -- 1225 USD
CDG-DXB -- April 22 --949 EUR
CDG-DXB -- May 22 - 1089 EUR
CDG-SFO -- Jun 22 - 1836 USD
CDG-DXB -- Aug 22 - 979.20 USD (PP 2 tickets)
CDG-SFO -- Oct 22 - 1862 USD
CDG-LAX -- Nov 22 - 2589 EUR

TO PARIS:
SFO-CDG -- Dec 19 -- 2500 USD
LAX-CDG -- Oct 20 -- 2800 USD
MEX-CDG -- Dec 21 -- 1322 USD / 1699 CAD / 1181 EUR
JFK-CDG -- Aug 21 -- 2700 USD
LAX-CDG -- Oct 21 -- 2747 USD
SFO-CDG -- Nov 21 -- 2047 USD
DXB-CDG -- Nov 21 -- 1049 / US$1189
--Apr 22 - 4850AED/1250EUR
JFK-CDG -- Dec 21 -- 2500 USD
Feb 22 - 2009 EUR
SFO-CDG -- Feb 22 -- 2013 USD
LAX-CDG -- Apr 22 --2710 USD
SFO-CDG -- July 29, 2022 --$2,694 @ 30 hour, then $1,789 after 5-10 min interval (after two of four seats taken per EF)
DXB-CDG -- Sept 5 -- 1018 USD
LAX-CDG Nov 22 - 2669 USD

NOTE ON GETTING OLCI OFFER ON OAL ORIGINATING:
If the AF LP flight segment is down line from your originating segment operated by another airline which forces you to use the OALs checkin system, you can manually use the AF website to check-in for the downline AF flight and still get the offer. For example, GRU-MEX-CDG sold as AM14 / AM 6103 (operated as AF179), you can checkin via AM as usual. Before or after, go to the AF website for the currency you want to pay for the upgrade in. Check-in using just your PNR / Lastname and the AF flight number you want to check-in for. It will allow a mid-trip check-in and will offer the LP upgrade if eligible.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 15, 22, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Currently caring for an 18 month-old girl, as some careful readers of this forum may remember. I have curtailed my air travel accordingly; we have limited flights (2) to "must visits" to grand parents in Beirut. I am now very aware of and sensitive to the needs and difficulties of flying with an infant, which include (and particularly) those of my fellow passengers. Quite honestly I would never even imagine flying La Premire right now, in the past or in the near future with a child of this age. I try to limit her discomfort as a tiny child, so that logically extends to others. I understand the joy and discovery of traveling with children, and my eyes are more open to that now more than ever. But unless I have a private jet, I prefer not to deal with all of the possible complications for us and others.
mlin32 and maalloc like this.
Old Sep 16, 22, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by blairvanhorn View Post
Currently caring for an 18 month-old girl, as some careful readers of this forum may remember. I have curtailed my air travel accordingly; we have limited flights (2) to "must visits" to grand parents in Beirut. I am now very aware of and sensitive to the needs and difficulties of flying with an infant, which include (and particularly) those of my fellow passengers. Quite honestly I would never even imagine flying La Premire right now, in the past or in the near future with a child of this age. I try to limit her discomfort as a tiny child, so that logically extends to others. I understand the joy and discovery of traveling with children, and my eyes are more open to that now more than ever. But unless I have a private jet, I prefer not to deal with all of the possible complications for us and others.
I've been fortunate to have the opposite experience of this. We've gone on trips WITH grandparents and my daughter and it's been a joy. Of course, with the help of forums like this and my own frequent traveler knowledge, she's mostly flown flatbed business class so we've had the extra room for her to lay down and relax most of the trip.

I hope the posts above haven't scared travelers who eventually want to have kids lol. Children are a blessing and not a burden.

Thanks for all the responses!
Old Sep 20, 22, 6:26 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL DM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
AF10 CDG-JFK was $2109 at T-24. Wasn't very tempting, even less so due to only the 2 middle seats being free.
ebayj likes this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by pdeut View Post
AF10 CDG-JFK was $2109 at T-24. Wasn't very tempting, even less so due to only the 2 middle seats being free.
This reminds me of a good friend of mine who was flying J. I can't remember the airline, but it was one that had those funky business class seats where you are basically facing each other. He is a bit overweight, bald and the funniest guy I know. He looks at the beautiful young lady that was sitting next to him and jokingly says "Well, it looks like I got the better of this arrangement." She locks eyes with him, smiles, and then raises the divider so they can't see each other lololol.
spizzy, Zorak, ahbitheman and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 29, 22, 8:09 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
Has anyone tried something like JFK-CDG-SIN and would they price it for the entire journey or is it possible you'd get an offer for one segment (of course assuming there is space for the whole trip and an offer is listed)?
I dont think AF offers LP to SIN currently.

Last edited by TravelinWilly; Sep 29, 22 at 8:16 pm
Old Sep 29, 22, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinWilly View Post
I dont think AF offers LP to SIN currently.
AF is selling F from 30 October. Many seats are already booked.
TravelinWilly likes this.
Old Oct 10, 22, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite
Did AF fly LP on HND or KIX flight pre-COVID? I dont see any offers for either city here. With Japan lifting restrictions, I would imagine LP returns soon if these were formerly LP routes.
Old Oct 11, 22, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Utskicat View Post
Did AF fly LP on HND or KIX flight pre-COVID? I dont see any offers for either city here. With Japan lifting restrictions, I would imagine LP returns soon if these were formerly LP routes.
HND was definitely a strong P station before Covid. KIX : no.
I have no doubt we'll have P again in a close future to HND, but they likely need a bit of time for the market to recover after such a long time of restrictions.
Digicola likes this.
Old Oct 11, 22, 10:14 am

Programs: FB Silver, ANA, Accor Gold
What about ICN? I guess it was never served with LP, right? And might never be, I reckon.
Old Oct 12, 22, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KL803 View Post
What about ICN? I guess it was never served with LP, right? And might never be, I reckon.
There was P to ICN, but that was a long time ago.
Old Oct 12, 22, 2:31 pm

With ICN you're lucky not to get NEV4 - I think it's destined to be one of the last destinations to get rid of such an unbelievably uncompetitive product.
Old Oct 18, 22, 10:42 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
There was P to ICN, but that was a long time ago.
Oh yes... flew CDG-ICN in the old LP in 2007. Surely that wasn't the last year it was served with P, but still, one would have to go back something like eight or ten years to have P to ICN.
Digicola likes this.
Old Oct 20, 22, 7:42 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Gold
Funny to think NRT used to get F and the A380 but has since been relegated to a NEV4 777-300ER.

Both HND and NRT are currently scheduled as 787-9, I reckon theyll do like with SIN and gradually upgauge towards a F equipped aircraft. Im not sure AF has enough frames currently to serve the full network, Im banking on more resumptions when the new batch of P equipped A350 come online (Q2 2023 Ive been told).

Meanwhile HKG has yet to have flights at all.
Old Oct 20, 22, 6:47 pm

Hello, flying back from BCN to LAX with 5 hour layoer at CDG for the direct flight back to LAX- redeemed points for business for a party of 2 on both legs. Is it best to ask when for a possible upgrade at CDG for the last leg back to LP?
Sorry for the noob question, pretty new to this. TIA
Old Oct 21, 22, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by chemd36 View Post
Hello, flying back from BCN to LAX with 5 hour layoer at CDG for the direct flight back to LAX- redeemed points for business for a party of 2 on both legs. Is it best to ask when for a possible upgrade at CDG for the last leg back to LP?
Sorry for the noob question, pretty new to this. TIA
See if they get an offer at OLCI. Otherwise, ask at check in at BCN. And lastly, ask at CDG.
ebayj likes this.

Search this Thread