CDG-IAD - Aug 21 - 1500 EUR
CDG-JFK - Sep 21 - 2269 EUR
CDG-JNB - Sep 21 - 1400 EUR
CDG-IAH - Jan 22 - 1699 EUR
CDG-DXB - Feb 22 - 1225 USD
CDG-DXB - Apr 22 - 949 EUR
CDG-DXB - May 22 - 1089 EUR
CDG-SFO - Jun 22 - 1836 USD
CDG-DXB - Aug 22 - 979.20 USD (PP 2 tickets)
CDG-SFO - Oct 22 - 1862 USD
CDG-LAX - Nov 22 - 2589 EUR
CDG-DXB - Jan 23 - 1258 USD
CDG-SIN - Feb 23 - 1199 EUR
CDG-JFK - Mar 23 - 2459 EUR
CDG-GRU - Apr 23 - 1679€ at -30hrs, 1829€ at -28hrs until flight departure (empty P cabin)
CDG-SFO - Apr 28 - 2917 USD (PP 2 tickets); [P3F2 on EF]
CDG-JFK - Jul 23 - 2569 EUR
CDG-SIN - Aug 23 - 2289 EUR
CDG-SIN - Sep 23 - EUR 1849 / CAD 2676 - P4F3
CDG-MIA - Sep 23 - USD 2,547.80 at OLCI. Not available at T-24 but available again at T-17
CDG-SIN - Oct 1st - EUR 2039 — P2F1. Flying blue platinum
CDG-SFO - Apr 24 - EUR 2639 / 329900 miles (offered on award to FB Gold)

TO PARIS:
SFO-CDG - Dec 19 - $2500 USD
LAX-CDG - Oct 20 - $2800 USD
MEX-CDG - Dec 21 - $1322 USD / 1699 CAD / 1181 EUR
JFK-CDG - Aug 21 - $2700 USD
LAX-CDG - Oct 21 - $2747 USD
SFO-CDG - Nov 21 - $2047 USD
DXB-CDG - Nov 21 - €1049 / US$1189
DXB-CDG - Apr 22 - 4850AED/1250EUR
JFK-CDG - Dec 21 - $2500 USD
JFK-CDG - Feb 22 - 2009 EUR
SFO-CDG - Feb 22 - $2013 USD
LAX-CDG - Apr 22 - $2710 USD
SFO-CDG - July 22 - $2,694 @ 30 hour, then $1,789 after 5-10 min interval (after two of four seats taken per EF)
DXB-CDG - Sept 5 - $1018 USD
LAX-CDG - Nov 22 - $2669 USD
LAX-CDG - Dec 31 - $1870 USD @ 30 hour
LAX-CDG - Jan 23 $3137 USD
SFO-CDG - Jan ‘23 $1865 USD @ 30 hour OLCI (or 219K miles)
DXB-CDG - JAN 23 $1459.10 USD @ 30 hour
DXB-CDG - MAR 23 1457 GBP @ 30 hour
GRU-CDG - FEB 23 - 1645GBP - OLCI 30h
JFK-CDG - APR 23 - 4469 EUR - OLCI 30h then 2.5k EUR at the airport
GRU-CDG (04/23) for a P1F0 flight : no offer at -30hrs. 2019€ at -5hrs.
DXB-CDG - May 23 - 2,149 EUR or 268,600 miles - OLCI
GRU-CDG - Jul 23 - 2490 € or 259000 miles @ T3 ticket counter
IAD-CDG - Aug 23 - $1797.50 @ IAD AF Lounge
SIN-CDG - Aug 23 - USD 1861
SIN-CDG - Aug 23 - CHF1600
SIN-CDG - Aug 23 - EUR 1849
MIA-CDG - Sep 23 - USD 2080 or 243700 Miles
DXB-CDG - Nov 23 - AED6250 @ check-in counter (not offered at OLCI)
SFO-CDG - Dec 23 - USD 4964
HND-CDG - Jan 24 - EUR 1899

NOTE ON GETTING OLCI OFFER ON OAL ORIGINATING:
If the AF LP flight segment is down line from your originating segment operated by another airline which forces you to use the OAL’s checkin system, you can manually use the AF website to check-in for the downline AF flight and still get the offer. For example, GRU-MEX-CDG sold as AM14 / AM 6103 (operated as AF179), you can checkin via AM as usual. Before or after, go to the AF website for the currency you want to pay for the upgrade in. Check-in using just your PNR / Lastname and the AF flight number you want to check-in for. It will allow a mid-trip check-in and will offer the LP upgrade if eligible.
Print Wikipost

Paid Upgrade Business (Affaires) to First (La Premiere)?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Flying this exact but opposite route end of September. I'm guessing you also got one of those ~$2K business class r/t tickets during that air france sale.

Few questions:
- the Amex platinum offer had to be online only no and using canadian websites/app? Did you credit trigger? Won't matter to me given its expired now 😭
- do folks still think it's worth it since my first fly will be business from YYZ - CDG? I'll get lounge access but not ground service right?
- anyone actually nap in the lounge? I'll have a 10 hour layover. Was planning on either doing some shopping or getting a day rate at a CDG hotel to truly sleep / nap. But if I'm paying a few grand for LA premiere I want to maximize it
- will be with the wife and baby daughter. Any concerns with this?
the 3 upgraded PAX from J to P will be entitled to full P ground service if the 2nd leg is flown in First Class

I have no experience with upgrade prices for babies but for paid tickets, AF is charging 90% of the P fare for children under 2 years old (100% above 2 years old + 200 USD for UM)

Last edited by Bullspread; Sep 7, 2022 at 1:57 am
Old Sep 7, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by Bullspread
the 3 upgraded PAX from J to P will be entitled to full P ground service if the 2nd leg is flown in First Class

I have no experience with upgrade prices for babies but for paid tickets, AF is charging 90% of the P fare for children under 2 years old (100% above 2 years old + 200 USD for UM)
Interesting data point. 90% of P fare for a child under 2 when they don't even get their own seat is ridiculous and will likely make this unfeasible. I'm okay dropping $2K each for adults but another $2K for my daughter without the extra seat is silly.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:12 pm

Interesting data point. 90% of P fare for a child under 2 when they don't even get their own seat is ridiculous and will likely make this unfeasible. I'm okay dropping $2K each for adults but another $2K for my daughter without the extra seat is silly.

Thanks for the quick reply!
The 90% charge is for regular paid tickets. I believe it’s done on purpose to restrict babies travelling in this quiet 4 seats cabin.
I do not know if and at what price AF is proposing J to P upgrade for babies
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:06 am

90% of P fare for a child under 2 when they don't even get their own seat is ridiculous
Would you feel the same way if you did not have a baby? (Rhetorical question)

I fear I am on the infamous no-upgrade list after taking advantage of it twice, and also after booking LP tickets directly. I do not get upgrade offers anymore when in J
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by drjeffrock
Would you feel the same way if you did not have a baby? (Rhetorical question)

I fear I am on the infamous no-upgrade list after taking advantage of it twice, and also after booking LP tickets directly. I do not get upgrade offers anymore when in J
Lol I get it. "People shouldn't travel with children!". "I pay thousands for these seats and can't sleep with that noise". No way I'm exploring the world without my daughter. I always felt bad for parents with kids vs being upset with them.

I'll report back if I even get an offer and whether I take it and if I do, how many dirty looks I'll get from the other passengers. High chance one of those passengers could be part of this forum lol
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:50 pm

Lol I get it. "People shouldn't travel with children!". "I pay thousands for these seats and can't sleep with that noise". No way I'm exploring the world without my daughter. I always felt bad for parents with kids vs being upset with them.

I'll report back if I even get an offer and whether I take it and if I do, how many dirty looks I'll get from the other passengers. High chance one of those passengers could be part of this forum lol
lol. Generalizations, much? No one is saying to not travel the world with your daughter. Just don't cry and call things silly and ridiculous because you don't want to pony up a discounted upgrade fee for her to fly in first class.

I think it's awesome that you are traveling with your young daughter, as I was blessed to see the world as a newborn and throughout my childhood, and realize how important it was. Heck, I always try to help parents with newborns that are struggling, whether it's making silly faces or letting them play with my beard (when I had it). Nothing you can do about a baby in the cabin, so you might as well make the best of it, instead of shooting the parents dirty looks like an ahole.

Enjoy your travels, whatever class they may be in!
miles4CDG, spizzy and DiamondMile like this.

Last edited by drjeffrock; Sep 8, 2022 at 2:18 pm
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:57 pm

Thank You Air France

Afternoon / Evening / Morning All,

Currently sat in 4A on AF090 to MIA from CDG - approx 2 hrs to go before landing.

In my head I had pinned all my hopes before departing on getting the Upgrade at OLCI to La Premiere, but that didn't happen due to the flight being full - I'm really not bitter at all about those peeps who paid full fair for the last two remaining seats at the last minute (joking of course :-) ). Once this became apparent, I became extremely disheartened, but as a result booked the AF meet and greet service to transfer us between Terminals at CDG - we arrived from OSL. I have to say the whole experience from start to finish was absolutely second to none and cost 200 Euro for both of us. The AF staff simply couldn't do enough for us throughout, and we were blown away. Stepping off the plane and being ushered into a Porsche is a new one for me - despite having flown long haul first around various parts of the world a number of times. Yes, I know that is part of the standard LP service, so this softened the blow a little bit with missing out on the Upgrade.

Thank you Air France for your wonderful hospitality and warm service - and just maybe we'll snag the Upgrade on the way back.

/Greg
ebayj, Goldorak, miles4CDG and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:27 am

lol. Generalizations, much? No one is saying to not travel the world with your daughter. Just don't cry and call things silly and ridiculous because you don't want to pony up a discounted upgrade fee for her to fly in first class.

I think it's awesome that you are traveling with your young daughter, as I was blessed to see the world as a newborn and throughout my childhood, and realize how important it was. Heck, I always try to help parents with newborns that are struggling, whether it's making silly faces or letting them play with my beard (when I had it). Nothing you can do about a baby in the cabin, so you might as well make the best of it, instead of shooting the parents dirty looks like an ahole.

Enjoy your travels, whatever class they may be in!
I think paying 3x upgrade fee when we'll still only get 2 seats is not ideal. Who wouldn't agree with that?

I'm curious how other airlines would treat this family scenario as it'll be something I'll likely run into more. For instance, fly Singapore Air 1st Class Suites.

It's definitely interesting traveling with kids now. We're actually going to Mauritius and the hotel we're staying at has an elevated "adult only" part of the resort so I'm a little worried about that.

Appreciate the insights on this forum and everyone's responses!
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:24 am

There’s some confusion going on here. In LP, there’s no infant in lap deal—you have to buy a seat. So if you upgrade, you get a seat. Doesn’t matter the age and there’s no discount. In the back of the plane, an infant in lap gets a 90% discount.

All this aside, I would seriously dissuade you from bringing an infant into LP.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was blessed to see the world as a newborn and throughout my childhood, and realize how important it was!
So was I, and in the Golden Age of commercial aviation to boot. Although I agree it was great as a child, I don't think newborns derive much benefit, if any. On the contrary, it might even be disruptive. A stable and nurturing environment in a single time zone is probably beneficial for the first few months at least. Speaking from experience, I have no recollection of becoming a frequent flyer in my first month, and fail to realize it what way it was important to me (as opposed to various grandparents who by all accounts were eager to see make my acquaintance).

Johan
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by NYC1
There’s some confusion going on here. In LP, there’s no infant in lap deal—you have to buy a seat. So if you upgrade, you get a seat. Doesn’t matter the age and there’s no discount. In the back of the plane, an infant in lap gets a 90% discount.

All this aside, I would seriously dissuade you from bringing an infant into LP.
To clarify, the theoretical upgrade cost would be P1 + P2 upgrade fees (based on posts here potentially ~$2K each) + another $2K for an extra seat or ~$13K for that extra seat? My guess is the ladder which would dissuade enough

Thanks!

Originally Posted by johan rebel
So was I, and in the Golden Age of commercial aviation to boot. Although I agree it was great as a child, I don't think newborns derive much benefit, if any. On the contrary, it might even be disruptive. A stable and nurturing environment in a single time zone is probably beneficial for the first few months at least. Speaking from experience, I have no recollection of becoming a frequent flyer in my first month, and fail to realize it what way it was important to me (as opposed to various grandparents who by all accounts were eager to see make my acquaintance).

Johan
My daughter is nearly 2 years old so think of it as a last hurray before I have to pay full ticket price. That being said, it's funny how one poster said "no one is telling you not to bring your daughter", yet the two posts above appear to say otherwise lol.

This also brings up an interesting topic of what did you guys do when you had kids? (or potentially you don't and hence why you have extra money to drop on a flight upgrade lol). Did you choose to not travel for 2-3 years until they would old enough? Do just road trips instead? Leave the kids with the grandparents?

As a data point to frequent travelers who plan to have kids, I'll say it's definitely more stressful with a kid (i.e. stroller, having to find elevators, etc.) but TOTALLY worth it and to not be scared. You just have to plan and think ahead (hence why I'm reading useful online posts from all you wonderful people). Even if you aren't priority or have business class or above, you are generally treated well by airlines and staff. I've already done multiple trips with my daughter and we've found more joy in it.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:26 pm

Has anyone tried something like JFK-CDG-SIN and would they price it for the entire journey or is it possible you'd get an offer for one segment (of course assuming there is space for the whole trip and an offer is listed)?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
To clarify, the theoretical upgrade cost would be P1 + P2 upgrade fees (based on posts here potentially ~$2K each) + another $2K for an extra seat or ~$13K for that extra seat? My guess is the ladder which would dissuade enough

Thanks!

My daughter is nearly 2 years old so think of it as a last hurray before I have to pay full ticket price. That being said, it's funny how one poster said "no one is telling you not to bring your daughter", yet the two posts above appear to say otherwise lol.

This also brings up an interesting topic of what did you guys do when you had kids? (or potentially you don't and hence why you have extra money to drop on a flight upgrade lol). Did you choose to not travel for 2-3 years until they would old enough? Do just road trips instead? Leave the kids with the grandparents?

As a data point to frequent travelers who plan to have kids, I'll say it's definitely more stressful with a kid (i.e. stroller, having to find elevators, etc.) but TOTALLY worth it and to not be scared. You just have to plan and think ahead (hence why I'm reading useful online posts from all you wonderful people). Even if you aren't priority or have business class or above, you are generally treated well by airlines and staff. I've already done multiple trips with my daughter and we've found more joy in it.
Your life, your money, your choice. I don't mind kids in any cabin, but what irritates are parents who don't make effort to control the behavior of their little darlings. Personally I would be embarrassed to bring a 2 year old in first class unless I had booked the whole cabin for myself and my family. We all know how loud 2 year olds can be.
spizzy, mlin32, FlyingCow and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Travelling with children can be unavoidable and I'm not usually too fussed about it (even in Business), but I'd agree with HalconBCN here. If you are going to take a two year old into LP, please ensure that you can manage him/her appropriately. To borrow a phrase from our American cousins, your fellow passengers have paid seriously "big bucks" for the privilege of sitting up front and have every right to expect (and even demand) a non-disruptive environment.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:48 am

1) The thought that one can manage an infant is a fallacy.Kids are kids. That’s life.

2) It’s baffling that one has to point out the be-considerate-of-your-fellow-pax angle in the context of bringing an infant into a small cabin where someone paid a significant premium for peace and quiet. But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised these days where the attitude is “f everyone else!”. Can you do it? Sure, but just because something is allowed doesn’t mean it’s right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.