FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   AF69 business class meal timing (LAX -> CDG 6:25PM dep) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1984605-af69-business-class-meal-timing-lax-cdg-6-25pm-dep.html)

Cardboard55 Aug 26, 2019 2:07 pm

AF69 business class meal timing (LAX -> CDG 6:25PM dep)

Can anyone tell me rough guidelines on what time to expect meals to be served in business class on AF69, LAX to CDG departing at 6:25PM PDT? Basically I'm trying to figure out if we should eat a full meal at the airport right before the flight or not.

ijgordon Aug 26, 2019 2:44 pm

The first, and more substantial, meal is almost always served immediately after departure on any long-haul flight (on any airline). So, dinner after takeoff.
Then you'll get breakfast before arrival, probably starting 90-120 minutes before landing.
They may have a few snacks available on-demand, mid-flight - usually something like a quiche or burger, soup, and fruit. Not sure if LAX-CDG makes the cutoff for this.

obscure2k Aug 26, 2019 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Cardboard55 (Post 31459196)
Can anyone tell me rough guidelines on what time to expect meals to be served in business class on AF69, LAX to CDG departing at 6:25PM PDT? Basically I'm trying to figure out if we should eat a full meal at the airport right before the flight or not.

I have taken this flight many times. My experience is that the beverage service starts about 45 minutes after take-off (there will be pre-departure champagne offered) and the dinner service will start about 2 hours after take-off. This is why I am careful to eat something in the J lounge prior to boarding. I don't recommend eating a full meal, as the dinner service is plentiful Assuming your flight is 10 hours, your meal service will be be over 3 hours after departure. Breakfast will be served about 60-90 minutes prior to landing. There will be snacks available in the galley throughout your flight

GeminisTwin Aug 26, 2019 6:01 pm

2 hours after takeoff it will start?! I'm on SFO-CDG in biz later this week and was hoping dinner service would END by that time (8:25pm departure). I'll adjust my expectations. I've flown AF biz from CDG to SFO many times now but I don't remember the main meal service happening so late after take-off, but maybe I just didn't notice on day flights.

TATLTAIL Sep 2, 2019 10:07 am

Taken this flight more times than can count, as well as from SFO and less frequently from SEA: I've never waited 2 hrs for dinner to start (maybe good luck on my part?). Drinks are offered on the ground and, if my last flight was any indication (>2 weeks ago) there will be a dedicated attendant coming around to those with SkyTeam elite status to take their meal orders before takeoff or shortly after. Usually there's about 20' wait for the drinks, then another 20-30' for the starter tray. On the positive side LAX catering has improved quite a bit: the cabillaud was worthy of a Lyonnais restaurant.
The lounge isn't much to enjoy, though, and is often very busy.
Enjoy the flight regardless and, if sleep is very important, inform the cabin crew and they can give you a single tray, like DL/KL do.

drjeffrock Sep 2, 2019 3:20 pm

I take AF69 often as well. My experience lies somewhere in the middle of the above two posters with regards to timing of drinks/meal.

I’m not a huge fan of the catering out of LAX for J, I tend to eat a super late lunch and hope for the best onboard...

KLouis Sep 2, 2019 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by TATLTAIL (Post 31482604)
...{snip}...the cabillaud was worthy of a Lyonnais restaurant...{snip}...

Eating cabillaud in Lyonnais restaurant? How did you find the place? ;)

Cardboard55 Sep 9, 2019 11:16 am

I figured I'd report back on this. The appetizer came around an hour and 15 minutes after departure, starter 20 minutes later. I forgot to take note of when dessert arrived, but I believe it was about 2.5 hours after departure.