Early baggage drop-off at CDG

Old Aug 20, 19, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, Aegean silver
Early baggage drop-off at CDG

Sorry if this has been asked before - but when searching on Flyertalk and the Air France website I couldn't find a conclusive answer.

I'm heading to Normandy in October and thinking of buying a CDG-OTP ticket for my journey back home (preferably taking a morning train into Paris, arriving around noon, and the last evening flight out at around 8pm). As I plan to stock up on some armagnac and wine, I would need to check a bag. Is this however possible if arriving at CDG in the early afternoon in any form? (check-in counter open which accepts early bag drop-off, or self check-in machines with self-bag tagging and drop-off?)

The OTP flight would normally depart from Terminal 2E - L gates, from my many previous CDG-OTP flights I took without checked baggage! Would travel as a plat in economy class.
Old Aug 20, 19, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
It is no problem at CDG.
Old Aug 20, 19, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Great, thanks Goldorak! Waiting a couple of hours in the excellent L gates lounge for sure beats waiting landside with my luggage if it wouldn't have been possible.
Old Aug 20, 19, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer View Post
Great, thanks Goldorak! Waiting a couple of hours in the excellent L gates lounge for sure beats waiting landside with my luggage if it wouldn't have been possible.
you may also want to spend some time downtown Paris
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:41 am
Original Poster

I was thinking about that too! But as I would only have a couple of hours anyway, towing luggage, and have visited the city on many previous occasions, I think it's a better shot to head straight to the airport to relax in the lounge sauna and drink a glass of champagne or two
Goldorak likes this.

Search this Thread