Link two itineraries

Old Aug 20, 19, 2:43 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Link two itineraries

Hi,

I Just wanted to know what the probability that I'll be able to link two itineraries !

I already got my eyes on which flights I want to take (DOH-BEY on MEA / BEY - CDG on AF and then CDG-BOD on AF) return.

But it appears that it is 400 euros more expensive to book this itinerary directly than DOH-CDG + CDG-BOD.
I planned to have 2h connection time in CDG and just my cabin luggage.

Is it a way to link these two tickets or should I play the devil ?
Coder33 is online now  
Old Aug 20, 19, 3:24 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Posts: 22,853
You cannot 'link' separate tickets in the way you are suggesting. It is possible to enter a comment in the booking of each ticket about the other, but that has no effect on interlining luggage or IROPS protection. If you want those things, you'll need to pay the higher fare for a single ticket.
glennhaak likes this.
LondonElite is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 3:29 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: CMN,DXB,NBO,CDG
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Posts: 114
The only “link” AF (or any airline I would guess) can make is for two PAX traveling on different PNR on the same flight (so that if the flight is overbooked for instance, both passengers would be considered to be traveling together). Useful when one paid and the other is booked through an Award ticket for instance.

Linking two bookings together so that for instance, they are aware that they need to wait a bit if your first flight is slightly delayed is, AFAIK, not possible
offvoice is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 3:31 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Posts: 22,853
Originally Posted by offvoice View Post
The only “link” AF (or any airline I would guess) can make is for two PAX traveling on different PNR on the same flight (so that if the flight is overbooked for instance, both passengers would be considered to be traveling together). Useful when one paid and the other is booked through an Award ticket for instance.
Yes, also known as TCP (To Complete Party). Again, it is a freeform field, not an operating field.
LondonElite is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 3:34 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Okay thanks ! I was, unfortunately, waiting for this answer.

It seems that I'll have to "trick"
Coder33 is online now  
Old Aug 20, 19, 7:57 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FR
Programs: FB Plat
Posts: 153
By "DOH-CDG + CDG-BOD", do you mean "DOH-BEY-CDG / CDG-BOD"?

In this case, I would not only focus on your 2h connection in CDG but would also make sure to have enough time in BEY. IIRC, you will need to pass security twice, the first time being on a small transfert checkpoint (it can still be long to pass through though) and the second time being the "main" security checkpoint with all other passengers and no priority lane, which can be pretty crowded depending on the time you will be there.
Porcepic is online now  
Old Aug 20, 19, 8:46 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by Porcepic View Post
By "DOH-CDG + CDG-BOD", do you mean "DOH-BEY-CDG / CDG-BOD"?

In this case, I would not only focus on your 2h connection in CDG but would also make sure to have enough time in BEY. IIRC, you will need to pass security twice, the first time being on a small transfert checkpoint (it can still be long to pass through though) and the second time being the "main" security checkpoint with all other passengers and no priority lane, which can be pretty crowded depending on the time you will be there.

Yep, through BEY.. I have like 4h each time in BEY so it should be enough !
Coder33 is online now  
Old Aug 20, 19, 11:58 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 13,946
Originally Posted by Coder33 View Post
Yep, through BEY.. I have like 4h each time in BEY so it should be enough !
I hope you have lounge access. I like the MEA Cedar Lounge in BEY.
offvoice likes this.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 7:42 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: CMN,DXB,NBO,CDG
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by Porcepic View Post
By "DOH-CDG + CDG-BOD", do you mean "DOH-BEY-CDG / CDG-BOD"?

In this case, I would not only focus on your 2h connection in CDG but would also make sure to have enough time in BEY. IIRC, you will need to pass security twice, the first time being on a small transfert checkpoint (it can still be long to pass through though) and the second time being the "main" security checkpoint with all other passengers and no priority lane, which can be pretty crowded depending on the time you will be there.
When transiting, I think you go indeed through two security check points, one for transfer PAX only (on the left before the luggage belts), and then you climb a flight of stairs. You do have to pass another security check, but that's one that is after the "main" security. Passengers traveling from BEY also go through 2 security screening. Beware not to go straight away to the second one, as the lounge is located between the two (and most shops are as well). IIRC, once you pass the second screening, there is close to nothing to hangout.
offvoice is offline  
Old Aug 22, 19, 12:59 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
I hope you have lounge access. I like the MEA Cedar Lounge in BEY.
I do, I'm looking forward to this runway / mountains view !

Originally Posted by offvoice View Post
When transiting, I think you go indeed through two security check points, one for transfer PAX only (on the left before the luggage belts), and then you climb a flight of stairs. You do have to pass another security check, but that's one that is after the "main" security. Passengers traveling from BEY also go through 2 security screening. Beware not to go straight away to the second one, as the lounge is located between the two (and most shops are as well). IIRC, once you pass the second screening, there is close to nothing to hangout.
Two security checks even for transiting ? Is there one of it is only for visa checking or basically, they're just doing the same one twice ?
Coder33 is online now  
Old Aug 22, 19, 1:09 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: CMN,DXB,NBO,CDG
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by Coder33 View Post
Two security checks even for transiting ? Is there one of it is only for visa checking or basically, they're just doing the same one twice ?
They are actually doing the same twice IIRC BEY being kind of a “hot” spot in the region, that’s definitely a place I wouldn’t mind having to go through security twice. I believe it’s handled directly by local police/military. Never had a visa check since you’re only transiting. You *may* also expect random checks in the jetbridge after boarding (I remember it happening on flights to CDG, but not to DXB - I being a young male traveling alone, you bet I was *always* randomly selected) This last screening, if happening, is much lighter, they just look for explosives with the small white piece of paper.
offvoice is offline  
Old Aug 22, 19, 1:42 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by offvoice View Post


They are actually doing the same twice IIRC BEY being kind of a “hot” spot in the region, that’s definitely a place I wouldn’t mind having to go through security twice. I believe it’s handled directly by local police/military. Never had a visa check since you’re only transiting. You *may* also expect random checks in the jetbridge after boarding (I remember it happening on flights to CDG, but not to DXB - I being a young male traveling alone, you bet I was *always* randomly selected) This last screening, if happening, is much lighter, they just look for explosives with the small white piece of paper.

Haha I see ! I've been through the same thing in Istanbul last year (3 times, in front of everybody, was the only non-Turkish looking people and as you, a young male traveling alone.. But each time they tested me for explosives but also insisted on opening my cabin luggage..)

Could have been a visa check for EU, as in DOH, it's not done every time (for my non-EU colleagues).

Finally, I booked the DOH-BEY-LHR itinerary and I took a LHR-CDG-AMS-BOD (missing some XP and 'only' 9h trip). Cost me 350E less than a DOH-CDG on QR.
Coder33 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread