AF Discount Pass

Old Aug 7, 19, 11:45 am
Original Poster

AF Discount Pass

Discount Passes are on sale between 7-12 August

Youth Pass 29 instead of 49 ("up 35% on flights within France and Europe") ​​​​​​
Senior Pass 29 instead of 59 ("up to 30% on all your getaways in France") ​​​​​​
Weekend Pass 29 instead of 69 ("up to 25% discount on all routes in metropolitan France and Corsica")

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local...-airfrance.htm
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
I have seen that. It's a super deal for the weekend pass. This card is just great if you fly domestically for some weekends. At that price, it's already reimbursed after the savings you make with the 1st flight.
newflyer27 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:58 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
But how attractive are they really? Are the 25% given on any fare?

I looked at the weekend pass, and the small print says "calculated based on Light return trip fare (excluding promotional fares), for any booking made at least 40 days in advance, service fees included on airfrance.fr for routes eligible to the Weekend Pass. Subject to availability of mentioned fares."

Does that only refer to the example given of "tickets from EUR 75 return"? Or is it a general rule that one has to book 40 days before departure?

For the dates of my next trip in three weeks ORY-NCE I can get a return fare of EUR 139. Would that price go down to EUR 104? In which case it really would be a good deal.
Old Aug 7, 19, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
But how attractive are they really? Are the 25% given on any fare?

I looked at the weekend pass, and the small print says "calculated based on Light return trip fare (excluding promotional fares), for any booking made at least 40 days in advance, service fees included on airfrance.fr for routes eligible to the Weekend Pass. Subject to availability of mentioned fares."

Does that only refer to the example given of "tickets from EUR 75 return"? Or is it a general rule that one has to book 40 days before departure?

For the dates of my next trip in three weeks ORY-NCE I can get a return fare of EUR 139. Would that price go down to EUR 104? In which case it really would be a good deal.
Yes, the discount is applied to any fare from the light one to the full flex. That's what is nice with this card.
Old Aug 7, 19, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

And you just need a weekend in the booking. So you can book a 2 weeks return trip and it works as well as just a simple weekend trip.
Old Aug 7, 19, 2:04 pm

OK, I'll get it ;-)
Old Aug 7, 19, 3:55 pm

Programs: FB platinum
My current week-end card goes to August 2020, and the website does not let me renew it... It seems one must either not have a weekend pass already, or have one that expires in less than 90 days from the error I receive...
Old Aug 8, 19, 12:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Quick question on this: does the discount apply if you buy several tickets within the same booking ?

Basically, if I want to travel with my partner, does she need to get a card as well to get the discount, or is one enough ?

thanks!
Old Aug 8, 19, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by offvoice View Post
Quick question on this: does the discount apply if you buy several tickets within the same booking ?

Basically, if I want to travel with my partner, does she need to get a card as well to get the discount, or is one enough ?

thanks!
Every passenger needs a card.

But I haven't figured out yet how I can make a booking for two people and tell the app that both have a Weekend Card.
offvoice likes this.
Old Aug 8, 19, 3:13 am

Programs: FB platinum
I don't know about the app, but on the web you go to the section "book using a discount pass", then select your pass & the number of passengers. Once done, search for your tickets, and once you have selected flights and you need to enter the personal details, you will be prompted for the number of the discount pass for your fellow passengers.
As the app is often way behind the website in terms of functionalities, it's possible that you can only book tickets for yourself on it (until not so long ago, you could not even book a discount pass ticket at all in the app). Maybe someone knows better on that one!
Old Aug 8, 19, 4:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Le Club Platinum, HH Diamond, Avis President, Hertz President Club
Hi San Gottardo,

At the moment of doing the booking for two people, the system will ask you to fill the number of the card of the 2nd passenger on the passenger details.

Already made it without issue.

Cheers,

Alex
Goldorak and newflyer27 like this.
Old Aug 9, 19, 5:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by lynxy View Post
My current week-end card goes to August 2020, and the website does not let me renew it... It seems one must either not have a weekend pass already, or have one that expires in less than 90 days from the error I receive...
Mine was due to expire begining of september, i was able to renew it yesterday without problem for me and my partner
Old Aug 16, 19, 9:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Promo Code - 50 discount

If any of you are based in France, you can use the promo code "Offre12019" for your next booking of:
- a AF or KL coded flight with basefare of 150 or more to get a 50 discount.
- Travel departing from France flying worldwide in all travel class
- It is available for booking until September 20th with flights until January 20th
- Discount is made "per booking" which means that you can book for several pax on a flight and if the sum of their basefare is more than 150 (3x50 for instance) you get 50 discount. Otherwise, you can also make several booking for each pax to get 50 per pax depending on the flight you intend to book

Found this interesting and maybe easier to benefit that some other discount where the 150 is per pax.
It is supposed to be limited to one use per person but I have not made the test
Old Aug 21, 19, 3:58 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by canadavid View Post
If any of you are based in France, you can use the promo code "Offre12019" for your next booking of:
- a AF or KL coded flight with basefare of 150 or more to get a 50 discount.
- Travel departing from France flying worldwide in all travel class
- It is available for booking until September 20th with flights until January 20th
- Discount is made "per booking" which means that you can book for several pax on a flight and if the sum of their basefare is more than 150 (3x50 for instance) you get 50 discount. Otherwise, you can also make several booking for each pax to get 50 per pax depending on the flight you intend to book

Found this interesting and maybe easier to benefit that some other discount where the 150 is per pax.
It is supposed to be limited to one use per person but I have not made the test
That's a really good one Canadavid!
Thanks a lot since one domestic plus one european trips must be booked.

Search this Thread