CDG Businsess Lounge Access Rules

Old Aug 7, 19, 1:58 am
Original Poster

CDG Businsess Lounge Access Rules

Hello - I'm hoping some of you frequent Air France flyers can help answer this question. We are traveling next month SFO-CDG-MXP in Business on Air France, and it includes a 4.5 hour layover at CDG. I would like to use one of these nice new lounges at take a shower and feel human again after the long overnight flight.

I have heard that you are not allowed in to the lounges in the Halls (2E and L?) were the good lounge is, but since you have an intra-europe flight you have to use the worse lounge at Hall 2F that does not have as good of food, drinks or showers.

Is this true? It seems unfair after having just been on a long intercontinental flight not to be able to use the good lounge. Even United lets you do that with their Polaris lounges when you're flying on their own metal.

Thanks for clarifying if you know! Hoping to avoid disappointment here...
Old Aug 7, 19, 2:27 am

2F lounges also have showers.
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:19 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Yes, but they are nowhere near as nice as those in T2E-L.
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's less an issue of lounge access rules versus being able physically to get yourself to the door of the lounge when you arrive on a TATL flight connecting to an intraEU flight. CDG separates departing and arriving nonEU passengers, so there's no path to the M etc. lounges unless you have a boarding pass to depart from M etc. The rules come from security/immigration, not AF or SkyTeam.
Old Aug 7, 19, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Believe me you will survive using the 2F lounge facilities. I have taken a shower there recently and it was a very acceptable facility.
carnarvon likes this.
Old Aug 8, 19, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It's less an issue of lounge access rules versus being able physically to get yourself to the door of the lounge when you arrive on a TATL flight connecting to an intraEU flight. CDG separates departing and arriving nonEU passengers, so there's no path to the M etc. lounges unless you have a boarding pass to depart from M etc. The rules come from security/immigration, not AF or SkyTeam.
Not really an issue, as OP will pass security in 2E and will then head over to 2F for immigration. (also, I was never asked for a BP passing immigration between 2E to 2F so no problem to 'back track' if needed)
Old Aug 8, 19, 11:38 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
Not really an issue, as OP will pass security in 2E and will then head over to 2F for immigration. (also, I was never asked for a BP passing immigration between 2E to 2F so no problem to 'back track' if needed)
????????????
Old Aug 14, 19, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

2F lounges also have showers.
Thank you! Good to hear. I will survive then, as other have said.
Old Aug 14, 19, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Ah okay. Good to know. Too bad in this case for arriving passengers. Would be nice if AF/Skyteam had an arrivals lounge then in 2E with showers available (for those terminating in Paris)
Old Aug 15, 19, 9:09 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by cpmed43 View Post
Ah okay. Good to know. Too bad in this case for arriving passengers. Would be nice if AF/Skyteam had an arrivals lounge then in 2E with showers available (for those terminating in Paris)
There is an arrivals lounge in 2C
Old Aug 15, 19, 2:19 pm
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
OP Will pass both security and immigration at 2F if arriving at gates K or M since the passenger flows to the main terminal and get separated just before the immigration hall.

Search this Thread