Search

Flight cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam
Angry Flight cancelled

Hi
I have a journey starting today 02/08 from Singapore to CDG with AF (AF257).

I got a text this morning saying the flight is rescheduled to the 03/08.

This is a 24hrs+ change so I understand I can claim:
- 800 euro voucher
or
- 600 euro Cash (bank transfers)

Which is nothing comparing to the lost; I put a day off today for my flight I pay hotel room in Paris city center I have book my transportation I need to check if I can get reimburse... and I'm flying with an infant of 19months the 600 euro cash or 800 euro is ridiculous to compare to the inconvenience. Do you know if there is any way to push air France to do more? give more? Because I don't need lounge access because I already have their lounge in Gold.. so if they invite me to their lounge it's also ridiculous... I'm flying in prem eco which means I have the right for 3 pieces (2 pieces included in Prem Eco + 1 as Gold FB) So now their application is showing just 2 pieces allowance.

Any feedbacks appreciated.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I certainly would not qualify a €600/800 indemnification as ridiculous, although I completely understand your concerns and the “pain” you can feel. You can certainly ask AF for refund of your non-refundable expenses on top of the indemnification for the delay. But you travel insurance, coming possibly with your credit card, can be your best help to recover those expenses (providing of course that you paid the tickets with this cc).
glennhaak likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:21 am

First you have to establish the reason for the delay as that will determine whether or not you are entitled for compensation, it would appear that the incoming AF256 from yesterday was cancelled but the AF website does not list the reason.
On top of the potential compensation, AF will have to reimburse you for reasonable hotel/food/transport costs in SIN should those be applicable.

Also you might be entitled to compensation for the infant, which will make it 2x600€, and AF might throw some extra (miles) as a gesture of good will.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Ditto
First you have to establish the reason for the delay as that will determine whether or not you are entitled for compensation, it would appear that the incoming AF256 from yesterday was cancelled but the AF website does not list the reason.
Reason is mechanical.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You can certainly ask AF for refund of your non-refundable expenses on top of the indemnification for the delay.
There is no point asking the airline to refund any of these kind of expenses. They won't pay for these.

To the OP - why didn't/don't you contact AF and see if they will rebook you on another carrier departing today?

Also: if your hotel was booked for more than just one night, be sure to contact them to let them know that you won't be arriving as planned, otherwise they may cancel and re-sell your room. You should never rely on a room being available if you arrive on a later date, even if the room was pre-paid and non-refundable.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by irishguy28
There is no point asking the airline to refund any of these kind of expenses. They won't pay for these.
They did it in the past for me in a similar situation as OP. But I was flying in P, so I admit it may have helped.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak

They did it in the past for me in a similar situation as OP. But I was flying in P, so I admit it may have helped.
WOW, that is really unusual. Being in P must have helped indeed.
The reasoning is that you would have paid the hotel room anyway, so its not an additional expense.
On the other hand, they provide a hotel room at departure. But the OP is probably from SIN, so he does not need it.

The issue of the infant is interesting. Strictly speaking they only occupy one seat. Technically, I don't think that AF issues an eticket for an infant, but there a 10% infant fee.
EC261 does not seem to address the issue and not aware that it was brought in front of ECJ.
I found:
https://www.claimcompass.eu/blog/bab...-compensation/
Some British county court rules in favor of compensation but we know about county court ruling.

I would be worried about the statement that OP now only has 2 checked bag. Could mean that he has been downgraded to Y.
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.