FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   1 hour connection to IST? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1976911-1-hour-connection-ist.html)

suley Jul 5, 2019 1:57 pm

1 hour connection to IST?

Hi Guys,

Just purchased some flights from LHR to Istanbul, I noticed on the outbound we have an hour to transit, assuming my outbound is late due to congestion or something but delay is only around 20 mins or we get to to tha gate 20 mins late, I assume I will need to go to the international gate as Istanbul is probably under international depatures and going through passport control I am delayed and miss my flight. Will AF need to rebook me assuming I run across the airport? I have done a quick search and if I miss the next flight seems to be 10 hours later, would that then make me eligable for EU261? Would rather make the connection to be honest as its a long time to wait :(
Any advice is appreciated

glennhaak Jul 6, 2019 2:27 am

Originally Posted by suley (Post 31273095)
Hi Guys,

Just purchased some flights from LHR to Istanbul, I noticed on the outbound we have an hour to transit, assuming my outbound is late due to congestion or something but delay is only around 20 mins or we get to to tha gate 20 mins late, I assume I will need to go to the international gate as Istanbul is probably under international depatures and going through passport control I am delayed and miss my flight. Will AF need to rebook me assuming I run across the airport? I have done a quick search and if I miss the next flight seems to be 10 hours later, would that then make me eligable for EU261? Would rather make the connection to be honest as its a long time to wait :(
Any advice is appreciated

Well, let's start with your itinerary, I assume you are flying LHR-CDG-IST? If AF will sell you this on one ticket they consider it a safe itinerary. In case of a misconnect, they will rebook you for free on the next available flight. Depending on the reason in case of a misconnect, you will or will not be entitled to compensation under EU261.

carnarvon Jul 6, 2019 7:30 am

Coming from LHR (non Schengen) you will arrive in the international terminal=no passport control.

Goldorak Jul 6, 2019 9:52 am

For the CDG-IST, are you booked on the AF flight departing around 11pm or on the Atlas Global code-share in the afternoon? If the former, 1hr is clearly feasible as this is an intra-2E connection. If the latter, KK is departing from 2C, and I would not risk a 1hr connection from 2E to 2C.

Mirk Jul 7, 2019 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 31275316)
For the CDG-IST, are you booked on the AF flight departing around 11pm or on the Atlas Global code-share in the afternoon? If the former, 1hr is clearly feasible as this is an intra-2E connection.

I second that. I recently did this one but with a 1h10min connection within 2E in the evening and I even had time to stop by the lounge in 2E-L for a quick dinner.