Not an AF question, but a CDG question about connecting

Old Jun 30, 19, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Not an AF question, but a CDG question about connecting

Hi all,

I know this isn't an AF question, but I figured someone here might be able to answer; I have also posted this in the "Other European Airlines" forum, so apologies if you're reading this twice.

I am flying from BOD to CDG (2D) on EasyJet, and then connecting to an Etihad flight from CDG (2C) to AUH.

Basically, I am trying to figure out whether to pay for a checked bag, or whether to pay for an extra carry on (it JUST fits the latter requirements, and the price is basically the same).

On arrival at CDG, as we are a domestic flight, can I stay airside? Or will have to go via baggage claim and exit anyway? If I pick up the bag at baggage claim, am I forced to leave the terminal, or is there a way to continue through security and straight to 2C?

If anyone has any experience connecting from a domestic flight to an international flight at CDG who might be able to suggest the simplest way of getting from 2D to 2C, and whether there's any difference if I check a bag and claim it or do not (other than the wait for the bag itself), I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Joe
Old Jun 30, 19, 12:58 pm

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
check this

https://easycdg.com/passenger-inform...t-terminal-2d/
Old Jun 30, 19, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by nyjoe4 View Post
On arrival at CDG, as we are a domestic flight, can I stay airside? Or will have to go via baggage claim and exit anyway?
Yes you can, but this will be only if you have carryons only (as U2 will not interline a bag to EY) and if you are checked-in on the EY flight. You have to take the blue shuttle. But I am not sure this is the fastest way (see here after).

Originally Posted by nyjoe4 View Post
If I pick up the bag at baggage claim, am I forced to leave the terminal, or is there a way to continue through security and straight to 2C?
If you have a bag to claim, you need to leave airside and reach the public zone landside. Clearly, I believe this is the fastest way even if you have carryons only. Just go landside and walk to 2C. It will take you less than 10 min. OK the price to pay will be to go through security again, but no big deal.
Old Jun 30, 19, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much for your help- appreciated!

Joe

Search this Thread