Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meals on Air France business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Meals on Air France business

I will be flying Air France 330-200 in business class. My flight leaves chicago (ORD) for Paris (CDG) at 7:20 p.m.
My question is at this time of night, will they still be planing on serving dinner on the plane? My ticket says 1 meal - breakfast. However, I have been on flights before that said that and they ended up serving dinner anyway right after i had filled my tummy in the airport.

Any information would be appreciated.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by BCFO
I will be flying Air France 330-200 in business class. My flight leaves chicago (ORD) for Paris (CDG) at 7:20 p.m.
My question is at this time of night, will they still be planing on serving dinner on the plane? My ticket says 1 meal - breakfast. However, I have been on flights before that said that and they ended up serving dinner anyway right after i had filled my tummy in the airport.

Welcome to FT. You will be served dinner and breakfast.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus

Hello, @BCFO. I take this route regularly, and I can assure you that you will get the whole enchilada. The aperitif in the form of a glass of champagne with cashews/cranberries, the appetizer, the entree, the cheese and the dessert, served sequentially, as opposed to everything being dumped on your tray, as would be the case on flights departing after 11pm. The downside is that the meal service can take as long as 2:30'. Keeping in mind that they will turn the light on 1:30' before landing, this leaves very little time to get some sleep. As little as 3 hours+ on some days. With a little bit of luck, you will be flying on F-GZCF, which they AF assigned to the ORD route as of late.

Last edited by Macaron54; Jun 19, 2019 at 10:41 pm
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Macaron54
Hello, @BCFO. I take this route regularly, and I can assure you that you will get the whole enchilada. The aperitif in the form of a glass of champagne with cashews/cranberries, the appetizer, the entree, the cheese and the dessert, served sequentially, as opposed to everything being dumped on your tray, as would be the case on flights departing after 11pm. The downside is that the meal service can take as long as 2:30'. Keeping in mind that they will turn the light on 1:30' before landing, this leaves very little time to get some sleep. As little as 3 hours+ on some days. With a little bit of luck, you will be flying on F-GZCF, which they AF assigned to the ORD route as of late.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Thank you for so much good information. This is why I was concerned about eating too much at the airport because I thought there might be a feast waiting on the plane. Yes, I had thought about very little time to sleep . What is special about the Specific plan you mentioned?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:24 am

Thank you for so much good information. This is why I was concerned about eating too much at the airport because I thought there might be a feast waiting on the plane. Yes, I had thought about very little time to sleep . What is special about the Specific plan you mentioned?
This is one of the three A330's that have been retrofitted with the Equinox 2D seat by Stelia Aerospace. A lie-flat seat, a tiny bit narrow to my taste, but in general very comfortable.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is why I was concerned about eating too much at the airport because I thought there might be a feast waiting on the plane.
My experience is limited (one RT SFO-CDG), but I found the food on AF to be awful. Among the worst business class meals I've ever been served. They also run out of choices very early.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
My experience is limited (one RT SFO-CDG), but I found the food on AF to be awful. Among the worst business class meals I've ever been served. They also run out of choices very early.
Pretty harsh, definitive assessment, but there is some partial truth in it. While I would completely agree on the Premium Economy (read bare-bone Economy) meals, it is more of a mixed bag in Business, depending on the AF-contracted catering service. For instance, for years, the J-meals on westbound flights from PEK have been abysmal. Conversely, on eastbound flights from ORD (which is the topic here), they have been pretty decent. One thing I have noticed over the past two years is a drop in the quality of the appetizers in the J cabin, both in terms of presentation/plating, and taste. Perhaps just a matter of personal perception...
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
I have personally NEVER had a bad meal in business departing CDG. It has been more mixed returning to CDG in my experience, with ICN especially being a repeat disappointment.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my experience, the main courses are usually pretty bad but everything else (starter, cheese, dessert) is good. The second meal on daytime flights is usually an embarrassment, but breakfast should be fine (though I usually skip on TATLs).
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:57 am
Original Poster

This is one of the three A330's that have been retrofitted with the Equinox 2D seat by Stelia Aerospace. A lie-flat seat, a tiny bit narrow to my taste, but in general very comfortable.
I don’t know about equinox 2D, but I do know when I chose my seat that this is one of the new cabins with 36 seats in it and the seat does lie flat
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Are the bulkhead seats better due to a bigger footwell?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Are the bulkhead seats better due to a bigger footwell?
Not to my recollection. At first glance, they all look the same.
Goldorak and Jimgotkp like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Tweaking the topic just a little, I have read that ord lounges are not too great. Have any of you tried the Air France lounge at ord? the ones at cdg sound pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.