Meals on Air France business

Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
While I can't comment on the ORD AF lounge, the CDG lounges are great! Especially the one in the "M" concourse. The recently renovated lounge in "L" is also apparently quite nice.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

I have heard about and seen pictures of the M lounge. Unfortunately, the M Hall closes at 2: 00 each day and my flight out of Paris is later than that. I will have to miss out on that. I am assuming i will fly out of L but no way to know for sure yet.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by BCFO
I have heard about and seen pictures of the M lounge. Unfortunately, the M Hall closes at 2: 00 each day and my flight out of Paris is later than that. I will have to miss out on that. I am assuming i will fly out of L but no way to know for sure yet.
You can leave either from sub-terminal L or K, the latter being the oldest, and a tad beat up. My favorite spot there is the working area, which is usually quiet and away from the jungle. Of course, sub-terminal L is much nicer. Regarding ORD, this is a multi-airline lounge. Neither bad, nor great, but definitely better than most Delta lounges. A selection of booze, beers, (cheap) wines, and (real) champagne. Decent snacks (salads, wraps, subs, soup, cereal bars and the like). Internet is reasonably fast. Because the space is limited and there are PAXs from many airlines, the place can fill up rapidly, and become overcrowded. One systematic perk for Ultimates is a reserved table, which I have enjoyed many times when the lounge was packed .
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for your help.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Marriott Gold / Hilton Gold / IHG Platinum ... A former AA Platinum
The catering *from* CDG in Biz is consistently great.

The catering *from* JFK, in Biz or coach, is truly poor and AF should rethink its supply chain there. At this point, I'd prefer some of the sandwiches that Delta serves on its USA transcon flights.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
While on the subject of catering on AF, has anyone got good or bad expereinces on the SIN-CDG route?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
I have never had a bad meal on AF. Is it 5 star fare that you can get in Paris? No, but consistently fine for airplane food. Service is lovely and they have Chartreuse Verte!!
Porcepic likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by gaukuser
The catering *from* CDG in Biz is consistently great.

The catering *from* JFK, in Biz or coach, is truly poor and AF should rethink its supply chain there. At this point, I'd prefer some of the sandwiches that Delta serves on its USA transcon flights.
How about the catering from LAX in J?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:56 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I have always been very pleased with the catering on this route in J
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I fly this route a lot. From LAX is a crapshoot. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes it is downright bad. The return flight tends to me more consistent. I had some bread a few months ago on the way to CDG that was so bad I actually mentioned it to some friends of mine at AF in a social setting, they told me that they were having some serious issues at that time with the bread supplier.

Quite frankly, I try to board the plane in LA with a full stomach. I think the catering is more consistent outbound on Delta than on AF.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Breakfast on short overnight flights (e.g., YUL, BOS, JFK) are a bit of a joke. It's a croissant. For which they wake you up 90 minutes before landing.

Not sure if ORD also falls into this category or whether their breakfast is a little more solid.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Breakfast on short overnight flights (e.g., YUL, BOS, JFK) are a bit of a joke. It's a croissant. For which they wake you up 90 minutes before landing.
Indeed. That’s why I always skip it to maximise sleep time on those very short flights.

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Not sure if ORD also falls into this category or whether their breakfast is a little more solid.
it’s much more elaborate. See picture below

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.