ORY - very short connection

Old Jun 16, 19, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM/MM, Hertz Platinum
ORY - very short connection

AF sold me a trip with a 1-hour connection, coming from JFK and continuing to NCE. The last time I flew the JFK-ORY flight, it arrived at a bus gate; I assume I have to go through passport control procedures because I'm connecting to a domestic flight within France.

Can someone give me some guidance on this? I know there are nearly hourly flights ORY-NCE, but wondering about the likelihood of making the one I booked.
Old Jun 16, 19, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Should be no problem. And worst case scenario if you miss it, they will rebook you on the next flight to NCE and there are plenty (every hour and even more at peak times).
brunos, joyu12 and offvoice like this.
Old Jun 19, 19, 3:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum, BAEC Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat View Post
AF sold me a trip with a 1-hour connection, coming from JFK and continuing to NCE. The last time I flew the JFK-ORY flight, it arrived at a bus gate; I assume I have to go through passport control procedures because I'm connecting to a domestic flight within France.

Can someone give me some guidance on this? I know there are nearly hourly flights ORY-NCE, but wondering about the likelihood of making the one I booked.
As Goldorak said it is an easy connection with little wait in case of a rebooking. What probably changes from last time you flew JFK-ORY is the opening of Orly 3 and the airside transfer corridor which will allow you to clear passport control and transfer security on arrival instead of going landside as before, and walk directly to B-Gates (Ex-Hall 2). This should make the connection quicker than before
Old Jun 23, 19, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM/MM, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by joyu12 View Post
As Goldorak said it is an easy connection with little wait in case of a rebooking. What probably changes from last time you flew JFK-ORY is the opening of Orly 3 and the airside transfer corridor which will allow you to clear passport control and transfer security on arrival instead of going landside as before, and walk directly to B-Gates (Ex-Hall 2). This should make the connection quicker than before
thanks!

Search this Thread