CDG Yotel Question

Old Jun 10, 19, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
CDG Yotel Question

This might be a very stupid question, in which case please accept my apologies in advance...

I'm supposed to arrive @ CDG 2F on an inter-Schengen flight about 10:20PM, and am departing from 2E to the US the next morning at about 8:00AM. I was planning on just spending the night at the YotelAIR CDG, which apparently is airside in 2E, but just noticed their fine-print (more details here) which says:
Terminal 2E is closed overnight from 10.30pm to 4am. If coming from landside you must pass through security by 10.30pm to access the hotel and have a valid flight departing the day of check-out.
Assuming that my inbound flight is more-or-less on time, it's essentially impossible that I'll be able to physically arrive at 2E before 10:30PM. Will I be able to get to the Yotel anyways since I don't have to exit the secure area when transiting from 2F to 2E? Or am I being incredibly naive and I should just make other sleeping arrangements?

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 19, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
I believe it’s fine. As you rightly pointed, you won’t have to go through security. But you’ll have to go through passport control as 2E is non-Schengen. And many people are connecting 2F to 2E at that time for the last long-haul departure bank around 23:15-23:30.
Old Jun 11, 19, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
But you’ll have to go through passport control as 2E is non-Schengen. And many people are connecting 2F to 2E at that time for the last long-haul departure bank around 23:15-23:30.
Thanks — this is exactly the info I needed!
Old Jun 11, 19, 6:13 am

Actually OP will have to leave via the automated one-way doors just before turning left to 2E-L gates (if my memory serves me right), I'm assuming these doors do not close at 22:30 but maybe better to e-mail the Yotel and check.

On a side note, as the latest departures are after 23:30, closing security at 22:30 sounds awfully early.
Old Jun 11, 19, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
On a side note, as the latest departures are after 23:30, closing security at 22:30 sounds awfully early.
I completely agree! But my correspondence with the Yotel staff suggests that is indeed the case -- one cannot cross from the landside of 2E to its airside after 22:30. 🤷.♂️
Old Jun 19, 19, 1:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Another thing to bear in mind with Yotel. It doesn't have a restaurant, and the places to eat close to it (on the corridor approaching Yotel) close at 10:30PM*.

* Source: I use Yotel as a (rather poor) Priority Pass lounge when flying out of 2E. I overheard the staff there explaining this to a prospective overnight guest. You should be able to get drinks and snacks in Yotel though.
Old Jun 19, 19, 3:28 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Honestly, I wouldn't do that and would not book Yotel.
If you land at 22:20 it is awfully cutting close to being able to access Terminal 2E airside.
Your inbound plane has to taxi, the pax need to deplane, you need to exit the baggage hall, you need to walk to 2E, ... way too much risk factors for loosing time.

Please find another airport hotel landside!
Old Jun 19, 19, 4:18 am

Programs: FB Platinum, BAEC Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by warakorn View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't do that and would not book Yotel.
If you land at 22:20 it is awfully cutting close to being able to access Terminal 2E airside.
Your inbound plane has to taxi, the pax need to deplane, you need to exit the baggage hall, you need to walk to 2E, ... way too much risk factors for loosing time.

Please find another airport hotel landside!
From what i understand only the landside 2E access closes at 22:30? As Goldorak points out many people connect at that hour for the last connection bank of the day? I don't see why OP would have an issue accessing the Yotel from airside at that hour, even in AMS they will let you access the non-Schengen Yotel late from the Schengen section airside even if they close the passport booths.
Personally given the hour of arrival and departure the Yotel is a good choice to avoid the mess that is early morning at 2E.

Search this Thread