Wiki Posts
Search

Meal Service direction in J

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Meal Service direction in J

I’m on the DTW-CDG in July in Business on the 789. I’m currently in 2A. Does AF serve from front? I understand they don’t follow FEBO. Is that true? It’s a short flight so I want to make sure I’m seated to get served early so I can sleep.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Utskicat
I’m on the DTW-CDG in July in Business on the 789. I’m currently in 2A. Does AF serve from front?
Yes they do.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Utskicat
I understand they don’t follow FEBO. Is that true?
No, they don't follow FEBO

Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Thanks guys!!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QR
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No, they don't follow FEBO

What is FEBO? In FlyerTalk context.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Front Even, Back Odd: Used on two aisle aircraft in the premium cabins when orders are taken by two FAs simultaneously.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
Front Even, Back Odd: Used on two aisle aircraft in the premium cabins when orders are taken by two FAs simultaneously.
Also used depending on the flight number, no matter if the airplane is a single aisle or two aisle. Even flight numbers get their orders taken from the front, Odd flight numbers start from the last row of the premium cabin.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:00 pm

Thanks for the explanation. What's the purpose of switching it up? To break the monotony? To keep passengers on their toes? (I'm sure there's an actual reason)
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Somnifer
Thanks for the explanation. What's the purpose of switching it up? To break the monotony? To keep passengers on their toes? (I'm sure there's an actual reason)
To make passengers life miserable. On DL the FAs are supposed to follow FEBO. I always select my seat based on the flight number, but FAs not always follow it.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
My guess: they (as in, US carriers) follow FEBO because they think it's a "fair" thing to do. The Last shall be the First, etc...

A possible legacy from the olden days, maybe an assumption that Mr 1A and Mrs 1B are going to be 1A and 1B on their way back. Everything in order and everyone in their god determined place.

Except that, in the modern days, Mr and Mrs 1A and 1B who got last choice on their inbound flight weren't able to book the same seats on the way back because of crafty FTers who had figured it all out, and thus they also got last choice on the way back.

A sad story where obsolete chivalry makes things worse when trying to make them better, thanks to the internet. (Still only a blind guess, mind )
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
A sad story where obsolete chivalry makes things worse when trying to make them better, thanks to the internet. (Still only a blind guess, mind )
Interesting. I wonder what happened and prompted them to make that official policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.