"99" on luggage.

Old May 17, 19, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Miles & More Senator, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Platinum for Life
"99" on luggage.

My apologies in advance if this has already been covered, but I keep getting large "99" stickers on my luggage when flying Air France from the US. Does anyone know the meaning?

Thank you!
Old May 17, 19, 5:58 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ♪♪♪ 7 ™
Originally Posted by JakeMorgan View Post
My apologies in advance if this has already been covered, but I keep getting large "99" stickers on my luggage when flying Air France from the US. Does anyone know the meaning?

Thank you!

Do they have one flake or two?

NickB and rosensfole like this.
Old May 17, 19, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Is that when you have a very long transit in CDG ?
Old May 17, 19, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Miles & More Senator, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Platinum for Life
Yes, that's possible. I often fly SFO-CDG-BES with a 5h45 transfer time in Roissy...
Old May 18, 19, 12:15 am

Programs: FB Plat
The only time I had that was from CDG to SFO in P. I was connecting from AMS though so maybe it’s a CDG connection thing for P?
Old May 18, 19, 12:35 am
Original Poster

I was flying in P as well...

So perhaps it's a long layover and/or P.

Thank you all for the insight!
Old May 18, 19, 3:08 am

Programs: FB Plat
For the record I once got a "09" sticker on my luggage. I was transiting (#2h) in CDG from South America to an European destination in Y but I do not know where it has exactly been put on my luggage.

I did not bother too much at destination but obviously kept it on my luggage as a pathologic collector of stickers, and did not realize at that time it would make an interesting topic on FT!
Old May 18, 19, 3:12 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
My cases have the 99 on them too. I presumed it was something to do with travelling in P and having a connection in CDG. They are not easy to get off either. I think I had a 56 once too, but maybe that was just my age and senility.....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: