Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORK discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:13 am
Original Poster

ORK discontinued?

It seems that ORK is discontinued from the end of the summer season. I've used this service quite a bit and have some reservations for the winter that haven't been cancelled yet, although the flight is no longer available.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Hello

as far as i know this route is only for summer time , and they started it last year = https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...from-may-2018/

if your booking is during winter , probably its a codeshare and maybe with a layover somewhere ,so you need to check the details

In case your flight is cancelled , AF will contact you with two offers = either refund your money or rebook you on another airline under the same conditions
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:14 am
Original Poster

It ran all last winter
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Hello

as far as i know this route is only for summer time , and they started it last year = https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...from-may-2018/
In fact, they increased capacity on the route by 24% for the winter 2018/9 season: Air France increases capacity on Cork-Paris route

if your booking is during winter , probably its a codeshare and maybe with a layover somewhere ,so you need to check the details
It's not a codeshare route; it's a HOP! route.

In case your flight is cancelled , AF will contact you with two offers = either refund your money or rebook you on another airline under the same conditions
Given that the only other airline on the route is Aer Lingus, I think it is highly unlikely that AF would offer to rebook onto these services.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For what it's worth, if they offer rebooking at all - and I suspect they won't - it will more likely be on the routings via AMS, which is the what they continue to sell on their website.

(I have flown AMS-CDG-ORK once!!!)

ORK-AMS is the only EI flight on which KL still codeshares.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS, FB, MB, MR, HH
Schedule switch not loaded into booking engine? The AF timetable, though never accurate, is showing from Oct 27th onwards a switch back to the afternoon rotation instead of the current morning one. Also visible in the Matrix.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by majik
Schedule switch not loaded into booking engine? The AF timetable, though never accurate, is showing from Oct 27th onwards a switch back to the afternoon rotation instead of the current morning one. Also visible in the Matrix.
That is what I booked and when I went to book the same flight on another day it is no longer available. Now the flight that I booked is no longer available either but my reservation hasn't been cancelled.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:32 am
Original Poster

AF confirmed that the flight is discontinued for the winter, coming back summer 2020. I was rerouted via AMS on the KL codeshare with EI, the AF CDG-ORK was a connecting flight with the first leg on AF.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Suspension confirmed by AF in AgentConnect. I have just posted it in the new/axed routes thread.
Master thread : AF new and cancelled routes

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Given that the only other airline on the route is Aer Lingus, I think it is highly unlikely that AF would offer to rebook onto these services.
For what it's worth, if they offer rebooking at all - and I suspect they won't - it will more likely be on the routings via AMS, which is the what they continue to sell on their website.
They do rebook on nonstop EI to CDG.

Originally Posted by irishbcn
AF confirmed that the flight is discontinued for the winter, coming back summer 2020.
At that stage, no confirmation that the route will be resumed next spring/summer.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AF confirmed that the flight is discontinued for the winter, coming back summer 2020. I was rerouted via AMS on the KL codeshare with EI,
Thanks for the confirmation. The news hasn't apparently seeped out into the local media yet.

the AF CDG-ORK was a connecting flight with the first leg on AF.
That seems wrong - as it suggests you were connecting CDG-ORK-XXX and I really don't think AF partners with any operators in ORK!!!
Old May 27, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That seems wrong - as it suggests you were connecting CDG-ORK-XXX and I really don't think AF partners with any operators in ORK!!!
I don't think so: the statement is just as compatible with XXX-CDG-ORK. A connecting flight can be either the inbound flight (first leg: XXX-CDG) or the outbound flight (CDG-XXX). It seems to me that Irishbcn's statement suggested that CDG-ORK was the outbound flight (= 2nd leg) , with the inbound flight (=first leg) being on AF. So, BCN-CDG-ORK, where BCN-ORK is flown on AF would have been compatible with the statement.

That's how I understood it anyway.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks for the confirmation. The news hasn't apparently seeped out into the local media yet.

I interpret this as saying that the rebooking is a connection: AF CDG-AMS to EI AMS-ORK rather than the nonstop EI flight from Paris to Cork.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I interpret this as saying that the rebooking is a connection: AF CDG-AMS to EI AMS-ORK rather than the nonstop EI flight from Paris to Cork.
No, I think NickB hit the nail on the head!

XXX-CDG-ORK has now been rebooked as XXX-CDG-AMS-ORK (depending on where XXX is, I'd have pushed for XXX-AMS-ORK!!)
Old May 28, 2019, 8:00 am
Original Poster

I was flying XXX-CDG-ORK on AF on XXX-AMS-ORK on KL.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...where XXX=BCN ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.