Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N515CR
Air France A330-200 Mods

Air France is refurbishing the cabin of its A330-200 fleet. Business Class configuration will remain 2-2-2.

From Air France:
Air France unveils its new long-haul travel cabins exclusively available on board its Airbus A330s. The company offers a new travel experience in its Business (36 seats), Premium Economy (21 seats) and Economy (167 seats) cabins. 15 aircraft will be completely redesigned by 2020 thanks to a global investment of 140 million euros.
Link to Press Release: https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...rd-airbus-a330
Master long haul new seats thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...formation.html

F-GZCA Done
F-GZCB Done
F-GZCC Done
F-GZCD Done
F-GZCE Done
F-GZCF Done
F-GZCG Done

F-GZCH Done
F-GZCI Done
F-GZCJ Done
F-GZCK Done
F-GZCL Done
F-GZCM Done

F-GZCN Done
F-GZCO Done
15/15 completed

Last update: 15/10/2020

Business Class Seatmap

Print Wikipost

A330 retrofit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:12 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Are the Y seats the same as the 777s? They look a bit less padded to me.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Are the Y seats the same as the 777s? They look a bit less padded to me.
They are comfortable but they recline too much.
They would have been perfect with a 34/35 inch pitch.
When the pax in front of view reclines, you simply can’t move...
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:17 pm

For the 332 business class seats, is there a foot rest that comes up even when the seat is a upright or only when you open up the bed fully? I’m fairly short and wondering if my feet will reach the footwell when I’m just sitting in the chair.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BCFO
For the 332 business class seats, is there a foot rest that comes up even when the seat is a upright or only when you open up the bed fully? I’m fairly short and wondering if my feet will reach the footwell when I’m just sitting in the chair.
No foot rest that can come up when the seat is upright.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LY777

So this means that the bulkhead is a great candidate ^
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by LY777

Just flew BLR-CDG this past weekend in Y. After the flight down the week before was on the old A330 config, the new retrofit is a significant upgrade. That being said, I agree, the pitch is too tight and when the person in front of me reclined I was basically stuck. 31" is obnoxious, and I'm only 5'11". The bulkheads did look quite spacious leg-room-wise, and would be a great choice if available.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
F-GZCO has been ferried from BOD to CDG yesterday evening. So it should be back in service very soon
And, at the time I am typing this post, F-GZCG is in flight CDG-BOD to be retrofitted.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:03 am

Thanks for the update goldorak !

Am I the only one to find that the old bins and wall panels contrast with the brand new seats?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
F-GZCO has been ferried from BOD to CDG yesterday evening. So it should be back in service very soon
That was quick as it flew to Lagos today !
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:28 am

Can someone confirm if the W seats are the improved ones that are found on the 789? Any real "improvements"?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Can someone confirm if the W seats are the improved ones that are found on the 789?
That was the plan.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:43 am

Plane number

Is there any way to know the exact plane I will be flying on until we actually load up at the airport? I’m just wondering if the plane I’ll be taking has been retrofitted. When I made reservations in April I chose a seat from the new cabin Design but I know that doesn’t really mean a lot. I will be flying the second week of September. ORD - CDG. I appreciate any information you can give me.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:44 am

Is there any way to know the exact plane I will be flying on until we actually load up at the airport? I’m just wondering if the plane I’ll be taking has been retrofitted. When I made reservations in April I chose a seat from the new cabin Design but I know that doesn’t really mean a lot. I will be flying the second week of September. ORD - CDG. I appreciate any information you can give me.
The best I can think of would be to check the inbound flight the same day from CDG. I believe it’s AF136. Use FR24.com to find out the registration on it.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:44 am

Check the Business class seat map. If there are 6 rows, this is the new interior
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Well, you know the usual disclaimer : "Last-minute aircraft swaps can happen at any moment" But if you really want to feel better, like the others said, you can look up the flight registration number on sites like flightradar.

I always assume something will go wrong and the aircraft will get changed out on me....... . Then again; the glass is always half empty for me, c'est la vie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.