Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N515CR
Air France A330-200 Mods

Air France is refurbishing the cabin of its A330-200 fleet. Business Class configuration will remain 2-2-2.

From Air France:
Air France unveils its new long-haul travel cabins exclusively available on board its Airbus A330s. The company offers a new travel experience in its Business (36 seats), Premium Economy (21 seats) and Economy (167 seats) cabins. 15 aircraft will be completely redesigned by 2020 thanks to a global investment of 140 million euros.
Link to Press Release: https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...rd-airbus-a330
Master long haul new seats thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...formation.html

F-GZCA Done
F-GZCB Done
F-GZCC Done
F-GZCD Done
F-GZCE Done
F-GZCF Done
F-GZCG Done

F-GZCH Done
F-GZCI Done
F-GZCJ Done
F-GZCK Done
F-GZCL Done
F-GZCM Done

F-GZCN Done
F-GZCO Done
15/15 completed

Last update: 15/10/2020

Business Class Seatmap

Print Wikipost

A330 retrofit

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Added the planes which have WiFi to the Wiki. Five of them already, some of them still with the old cabin.

I am fairly certain F-GZCC is the one that is currently being refurbished in CDG, it hasn't flown since May 5th. Also F-GZCK has been flown to Bordeaux a few days ago. That may be for a new cabin, not sure though, we can check in the next couple of days whether she'll be flying.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Have W seats from SEA-CDG June 20. The seatmap has indicated the new retrofitted layout for sometime now.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw
Have W seats from SEA-CDG June 20. The seatmap has indicated the new retrofitted layout for sometime now.
EF notice for my flight next week looks to have swapped out the new A332 for the old A332 based on the seat map.

Last edited by williwaw; Jun 13, 2019 at 3:27 pm
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Skymiles, Miles & More, MileagePlus, MileagePlan, Iberia Plus
F-GZCC is now back in the air for several weeks. New seats on board?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by vinzbg
All over the place...

Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by vinzbg
Old seats, no WiFi. Makes you wonder what it was doing out of service all that time.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Delta
Question

Hey williwaw, how was your flight from SEA? New seats? I'm flying out 7/6 and am curious if I'll get angle flat or lie flat.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Nicholel
Hey williwaw, how was your flight from SEA? New seats? I'm flying out 7/6 and am curious if I'll get angle flat or lie flat.
Easy to know
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30898328-post144.html
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:13 am

Sadly equipment change 5 days out to the old plane. And they lost a bag that is still 6 days later on its own Tour de France.....
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:10 am

Sadly equipment change 5 days out to the old plane. And they lost a bag that is still 6 days later on its own Tour de France.....
Ugh. That's what I'm afraid of. But thanks for the report. And hope you get your bag soon.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
It seems like my trip to BLR will have the old A330 on the way down but the new cabin on the way back. Thought it was supposed to transition earlier this summer, but at least I'll get it for the crappier overnight flight.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:43 am

Just flew SEA-CDG on F-GZCI. Gorgeous retrofit! My only issue is the loss of the bathroom up front. The single bathroom for all J class saw a lot of folks waiting around in the galley. But the loo does have a lovely window! On a side note, do not get the orecchiette - yikes. The absolute worst meal I have EVER had on a plane (economy or business) but luckily they swapped it out for the cod which was delish even if it as cod!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:30 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
IAD-CDG in November is showing an A330 with the new configuration instead of an A380. I hope they keep it as I am not looking forward to an A380 in any cabin (other than P, which I am not flying of course )
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by SDQBound
IAD-CDG in November is showing an A330 with the new configuration instead of an A380. I hope they keep it as I am not looking forward to an A380 in any cabin (other than P, which I am not flying of course )
The A380 has always been seasonal as far as I can remember for AF54/55. During the winter it is served by a 773.

The A330 is a prologation of the AF26/27 which was seasonal operated currently/traditionally by a 772. So they are keeping the 2nd flight thru the winter season and the A330 replaces the 772.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Just flew SEA-CDG on F-GZCI. Gorgeous retrofit! My only issue is the loss of the bathroom up front. The single bathroom for all J class saw a lot of folks waiting around in the galley. But the loo does have a lovely window! On a side note, do not get the orecchiette - yikes. The absolute worst meal I have EVER had on a plane (economy or business) but luckily they swapped it out for the cod which was delish even if it as cod!
thanks for your report

so far, only 3 A330s have been refurbished ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.