Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N515CR
Air France A330-200 Mods

Air France is refurbishing the cabin of its A330-200 fleet. Business Class configuration will remain 2-2-2.

From Air France:
Air France unveils its new long-haul travel cabins exclusively available on board its Airbus A330s. The company offers a new travel experience in its Business (36 seats), Premium Economy (21 seats) and Economy (167 seats) cabins. 15 aircraft will be completely redesigned by 2020 thanks to a global investment of 140 million euros.
Link to Press Release: https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...rd-airbus-a330
Master long haul new seats thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...formation.html

F-GZCA Done
F-GZCB Done
F-GZCC Done
F-GZCD Done
F-GZCE Done
F-GZCF Done
F-GZCG Done

F-GZCH Done
F-GZCI Done
F-GZCJ Done
F-GZCK Done
F-GZCL Done
F-GZCM Done

F-GZCN Done
F-GZCO Done
15/15 completed

Last update: 15/10/2020

Business Class Seatmap

Print Wikipost

A330 retrofit

Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:18 pm

I know when I bought the ticket and chose a seat it was the new seats and new configuration. Just trying to guess if I will get one of those planes. Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by BCFO
I know when I bought the ticket and chose a seat it was the new seats and new configuration. Just trying to guess if I will get one of those planes. Thanks for the info.
I will be af153. 6 of the last 7 planes that flew for that run are fixed. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for teaching me how to check.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by LY777
Check the Business class seat map. If there are 6 rows, this is the new interior
BCFO already said in his post that he has the new cabin on the seat selection page.

Originally Posted by mlin32
Well, you know the usual disclaimer : "Last-minute aircraft swaps can happen at any moment" But if you really want to feel better, like the others said, you can look up the flight registration number on sites like flightradar.
But BCFO is talking about a flight in about 2 weeks from now. There is no way to know in advance which plane will fly a given flight in 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by HPfly
The best I can think of would be to check the inbound flight the same day from CDG. I believe it’s AF136. Use FR24.com to find out the registration on it.
That’s indeed the only thing to do.

Originally Posted by BCFO
Is there any way to know the exact plane I will be flying on until we actually load up at the airport? I’m just wondering if the plane I’ll be taking has been retrofitted. When I made reservations in April I chose a seat from the new cabin Design but I know that doesn’t really mean a lot. I will be flying the second week of September. ORD - CDG. I appreciate any information you can give me.
As said above, the only way to know is to look on your day of departure which plane will fly CDG-ORD. To make you feel better, ORD is consistently served with the new cabin, unless you have a last min substitution due to a mechanical problem.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:56 pm

Thanks, friends. I knew that just because i picked a seat out of a new configuration, that could always change and i be put on an old plane. I was just looking ahead to see if there was a pattern and if ORD was always getting the new cabins. Like i said, 6 out of the last 7were new, so i’ll hope for the best and enjoy Air France business class either way.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:27 am

I flew out of chicago on Tuesday on FGZCI. It had been retrofitted. However, i couldn’t get the free wifi to work. Also, the faucet in the sink of the business class restroom wasn’t working from the beginning of the flight. This is not the first time i have heard of the faucet not working on one of the retrofitted planes. Very inconvenient!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Was on FGZCI a few weeks back (SEA-CDG): good and bad. (+) seats, IFE screens, washroom with window, smaller J cabin = better service. (-) things already falling apart, incl. reading light, arm rests, one washroom blocked off. Randomly given old "Joon" amenity kit (I never take them but was curious: same stuff as other AF kits, IINM). In general an improvement but not sure about longevity of the seats and fixtures.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by TATLTAIL
Was on FGZCI a few weeks back (SEA-CDG): good and bad. (+) seats, IFE screens, washroom with window, smaller J cabin = better service. (-) things already falling apart, incl. reading light, arm rests, one washroom blocked off. Randomly given old "Joon" amenity kit (I never take them but was curious: same stuff as other AF kits, IINM). In general an improvement but not sure about longevity of the seats and fixtures.
I think if you complain about getting a Joon amenity kit you may probably receive some miles...
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:20 pm

How about if i complain about no water to wash my hands???????��
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I was looking on FR24 to see if F-GZCG was back from BOD, but apparently not. But looking at all other non-retrofitted planes, I saw something weird about F-GZCC. It has not flown since sept 8 and its last flight was CDG-CGK. CGK is not anymore a destination served by AF, so what is it doing there ? I can’t believe it is for the retrofit. Does anyone know ?

Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
It must be a C or D check ; See the link here : Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance - Press Release

Extract :
"In return, AFI KLM E&M has awarded several contracts to GMF AeroAsia. Heavy maintenance on several of KLM's Boeing 747-400s and KLM and Air France A330s will now be carried out in Jakarta."
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by pascalgr
It must be a C or D check ; See the link here : Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance - Press Release

Extract :
"In return, AFI KLM E&M has awarded several contracts to GMF AeroAsia. Heavy maintenance on several of KLM's Boeing 747-400s and KLM and Air France A330s will now be carried out in Jakarta."
Thank you. You really wonder why they have to go so far for that kind of maintenance. When you think about the cost of ferrying a plane to/from CDG-CGK, the overall cost saving should be very significant...
Old Sep 22, 2019, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
F-GZCO has been ferried from BOD to CDG yesterday evening. So it should be back in service very soon
And, at the time I am typing this post, F-GZCG is in flight CDG-BOD to be retrofitted.
F-GZCG has been ferried back to CDG (from BOD) on Friday (sept 20) and has been back in service yesterday on the triangular route CDG-OUA-ACC-CDG. It took exactly a month for the retrofit.
As of today, there is no other plane that went to BOD. We’ll see next week.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Just flew the new refurbished A330s and for those who were curious about this like myself... the bulkhead rows do NOT have a wider/larger footwell that you sometimes see on other airlines.

Also the purser on my flight locked the front lavatory which meant 36 J PAX (fully sold out J cabin) had to share the one lavatory that is between the forward and rear J cabin. The reason for this is because it's too close to the cockpit.. Really dumb policy as no other airline has anything like it including DL on their A330s.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Also the purser on my flight locked the front lavatory which meant 36 J PAX (fully sold out J cabin) had to share the one lavatory that is between the forward and rear J cabin. The reason for this is because it's too close to the cockpit.. Really dumb policy as no other airline has anything like it including DL on their A330s.
AFAIK the real reason is that it's privatized for the exclusive use of the pilots (which is still a very dumb policy )...
Old Sep 22, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Yes, the front lav is not for pax, but for pilots. As we reported before, there is one single lav for the entire J cabin which is clearly not enough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.