Wiki Posts
Search

Options for expiring points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB
Question Options for expiring points

My wife and I each have ~150,000 miles accumulated over 20 years and always intended for a business class flight to South Africa. The miles will expire on 30 April and health issues make a qualifying flight before then impossible.
What is our best option? Trading the points for gifts seems very poor value. Is it possible/legal to sell the points to another FB member?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GrahameS
My wife and I each have ~150,000 miles accumulated over 20 years and always intended for a business class flight to South Africa. The miles will expire on 30 April and health issues make a qualifying flight before then impossible.
What is our best option? Trading the points for gifts seems very poor value. Is it possible/legal to sell the points to another FB member?
You will not be able to sell FB miles. Nor solicit for a sale on FT

Preventing miles from expiry
Avoid Flying Blue Expiration
Need advice to prevent mile expiry
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Maybe you can book your South Africa trip now but for an actual flight in some months when you estimate the health issues will be resolved ?
Hoping for you that you can have a good use of those miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.