Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO to CDG (Economy Light Fare Question)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

SFO to CDG (Economy Light Fare Question)

Hi all,

It appears I have an "economy light" ticket and baggage is not included in the fare. I am allowed one "hand baggage" up to 26 pounds and one accessory item.

Does the "hand baggage" mean I can bring on my carry on 32 inch soft-side wheeled bag or would I have trouble doing so? How exact are they on the weight, do they really stop all economy passengers and make them weigh the bag if it looks OK? The bag itself is 8 pounds.

I am sitting within the first 25 rows of an A380, is there usually plenty of space in the overhead cabin?

Also, how is the boarding process like for the A380, would I have space near/above my seat at the time of boarding given I am an economy light holder on Row 25.

This is my first time on Air France, can anybody comment on the overall experience, or provide any tips/tricks?

Thanks Kindly.

Last edited by coolone119; Mar 31, 2019 at 4:12 pm
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: FB Gold
Well, the official website states the max length of the carry-on as 55cm (22 in) which is the standard for the small roll-on bags- the ones intended to be carry-ons. Something that's 32 in. (70cm) would be far too big and get flagged either at check-in or at the gate. Plus, it wouldn't fit in the overhead bin.

If you must carry a luggage that size, the advice is to save yourself the trouble and just check the bag.

+ Informations on their site : https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...-airfrance.htm
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by coolone119
Does the "hand baggage" mean I can bring on my carry on 32 inch soft-side wheeled bag or would I have trouble doing so?
That does not sound like a "hand baggage" sized item.

If you attempt to carry a bag larger than the stated dimensions onto the plane, then you will have to check the bag, and pay the higher fee assessed at the airport for doing so.

You must observe the size limits as well as the weight limits. You cannot carry on a larger bag than these dimensions, even if the weight is below the weight limit. Surpassing either limit will require that the bag be checked.

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...-airfrance.htm
Attached Images  
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Sorry all it is a 22” item , I had a typo.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.