Night Service (JFK)

Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Will be utilizing Night Service in late July 2021, assuming the world is somewhat returning to normal by then. Hopefully this service will be back to normal as well. Have 2 kids who aren't the pickiest eaters, but may be a bit turned off by standard Air France food. We flew economy Air France in 2019 and they were quite happy with the children's meals on offer. Any idea if we would be able to get something like that as part of JFK Night Service? Would be great to have a nice meal with everyone happy and full before getting on the 10:30 PM departure and hopefully sleep most of the flight. Thanks.
there is a full buffet available in the lounge in regular times, so I am sure your children will find something they like.
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by adambrau
We only have flight AF007 and AF011 currently. No night service for AF011. Not sure when night service might return but IMHO opinion it's going to be a while. Summer 2021 is a long way off!
Indeed- our hope is to be able to get a good dinner in the lounge and go straight to sleep after takeoff. We are on AF017, which I think is a new flight? Scheduled departure is 10:30 PM. Interesting that they would add another flight just an hour before AF009.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I think schedules more than a month out are just conceptual. Mgmt know how the loads look and decide accordingly on what services to offer. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Indeed- our hope is to be able to get a good dinner in the lounge and go straight to sleep after takeoff. We are on AF017, which I think is a new flight? Scheduled departure is 10:30 PM. Interesting that they would add another flight just an hour before AF009.
The six daily that are currently scheduled for July is the maximum number of flights operated by AF in 2019.Many days/periods had less than that in 2019. This is just a placeholder with no indication of what's going to be the actual schedule.

July 2021 is very very long term given the covid situation.
But it is certain that there won't be six daily flights by July 2021.

As Adambrau indicated there are only 11 weekly flights nowadays. A friend who just flew said that there was only a handful of J pax (like 5) and few pax altogether.

Last edited by brunos; Sep 5, 2020 at 12:42 am
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I took AF 11 a few days ago and there are still no hot meals in the lounge. Plenty to snack on and the full set of alcohol though. I think most people ate dinner on the plane. There were maybe about 20 in J. I don't know about Y. I overheard the steward saying to a group of TLV bound passengers that because they booked at the last minute, they could not get kosher meals.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I took AF 11 a few days ago and there are still no hot meals in the lounge. Plenty to snack on and the full set of alcohol though. I think most people ate dinner on the plane. There were maybe about 20 in J. I don't know about Y. I overheard the steward saying to a group of TLV bound passengers that because they booked at the last minute, they could not get kosher meals.
Do you know if the separate room for F in the lounge at JFK was open?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by NYC1
Do you know if the separate room for F in the lounge at JFK was open?
It's been several years since I flew in P from JFK, but I think it is upstairs, right? I did not go up there to see it. But I guess they had a bottle of the P Champagne open from the earlier flight as the station manager gave me a bit of a VIP greeting and a glass of the good stuff in the P stemware.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by brunos
The six daily that are currently scheduled for July is the maximum number of flights operated by AF in 2019.Many days/periods had less than that in 2019. This is just a placeholder with no indication of what's going to be the actual schedule.

July 2021 is very very long term given the covid situation.
But it is certain that there won't be six daily flights by July 2021.

As Adambrau indicated there are only 11 weekly flights nowadays. A friend who just flew said that there was only a handful of J pax (like 5) and few pax altogether.
Just a slight correction - we never got to more than 5 daily flights this year. Just as the sixth flight was supposed to begin COVID hit NYC.

We currently have flight 6/7 and 10/11 daily. So 14 a week. Flight 14/23 are still bookable starting next week but not sure if they are going ahead.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
It's been several years since I flew in P from JFK, but I think it is upstairs, right? I did not go up there to see it. But I guess they had a bottle of the P Champagne open from the earlier flight as the station manager gave me a bit of a VIP greeting and a glass of the good stuff in the P stemware.
Yes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.