Search

How long will AF keep their A340s?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
How long will AF keep their A340s?

Hi
now that the A340s will be back to AF « mainline », how long will AF keep them?
Any ideas of the routes they will fly?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Assuming AF retains the current Joon routes then I'd imagine they just continue flying those same routes in AF colours
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I imagine A340s have next to no value, other than for parts, currently. Owned or leased, I'd say AF will keep operating them until they're due for D checks.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I believe there is only one left in AF colors and airlineroutes reported recently that the last flight will be to Africa this summer. For the Joon ones, they will not be repainted and retrofitted to AF interiors. They will keep the (renovated) Joon interiors. They won't stay long in the fleet. I think they will be gone as soon as the A350 are delivered. There's a lot of tech problems with those old birds. The reliability on Joon long haul routes is pretty poor when you see the delays and cancellations on those routes
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
And the operational costs are prohibitive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.