Name Format on E-Ticket Query

Old Feb 22, 19, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Name Format on E-Ticket Query

Well before my coffee this morning I booked a round trip to Japan with AF with 3 passengers.
On logging back into by booking 5 minutes after purchasing I notice that 2 / 3 names are the wrong way round. Called the call center immediately and they very helpfully corrected this on the booking immediately.

Got my new e-tickets now and I just want to double check that the name on the e-tickets is correct - it now shows SURNAME FIRST TITLE.
I know it varies per airline and such but just want to make sure that is the correct format for Air France?
Thanks
Kevin
Old Feb 22, 19, 7:21 am

Won't be a problem at all. Happens all the time. Flown with tickets this way many times.

Just recently I messed up when booking an AA ticket through IB and put my last name twice (they had space for "first surname" and "second surname"). So my ticket and boarding pass had "FIRSTNAME LASTNAMELASTNAME". Had to change my flight due to weather and AA phone agents said I absolutely needed to get it fixed before boarding. I didn't get it fixed and it wasn't an issue. No one at security or the gate even batted an eye.
Old Feb 22, 19, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
You are good.
AF eticket are Surname/First name/Title.
The Boarding pass is usually First name/Surname with no title.
Old Feb 22, 19, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos View Post
You are good.
AF eticket are Surname/First name/Title.
The Boarding pass is usually First name/Surname with no title.
Ah Brilliant. Will say its hard to keep track of things like this, it varies so much between airlines sometimes.

Thanks for the help

Kevin

Search this Thread