AF 380 Business v Premium Economy

Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:18 am
Original Poster

AF 380 Business v Premium Economy

I am flying CDG-Miami-CDG and have paid ca 2500 for a premium economy seat in the upper deck. I have been trying to upgrade to business with miles but no luck. (I am a Delta Skymiles and not AF) It would cost an additional ca. 2500 to buy a business class seat. From what I can tell on the reviews, the business class product isn't particularly good and the PE had gotten good reviews. I would appreciate any advice; it is a lot of money (though someone else will be paying it). I have not flown the 380 before and look forward to the experience regardless of which class.

Thanks for any help
Joe
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum
The PE seat on the A380 is not good for night flights (no real recline at all). It is fine for day flights, being spacious enough for work and in a smaller, quieter cabin. The food offering is quite similar to Economy. Many people think that an extra legroom Economy seat is actually better for night flights...
By comparison to the PE seat, the J seat on the A380 is OK and I would pay to upgrade to this on a night flight.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I followed your advice and upgraded only for the DC-CDG part overnight and it was much cheaper. I look forward to trying both classes.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Don't get your hopes up for the Premium Economy...............
rickg523 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlin32
Don't get your hopes up for the Premium Economy...............
I took one A380 PE flight SFO-CDG. It was bad. The equipment was worn out, the crew ranged from uninterested to downright surly, and the catering was substandard for AF. On the return, I was on the 773 (?, maybe 772) and it was excellent for the price. Since then, I've avoided the A380.
AF PE isn't AF J but on the Boeing it was pretty damn good. The PE seats, as mentioned, even in excellent condition, are not for sleeping.
​​​​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.