KLM booked flight as Delta DM, seat cancelled

Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
KLM booked flight as Delta DM, seat cancelled

Hey everyone, I booked a flight via KLM.com , TLV-CDG-LIS. Used my Delta Skymiles account (DM). The flights are operated by Air France. During KLM booking I purchased preferred seats (mine was free, partner was paid). Today, maybe a week or two later, I received an email from Air France asking me to enter my required travel information. I noticed I had lost my originally selected seats. Going back into my KLM booking, I now see them listing my seats as "Cancelled".

There are only 4 seats listed as available on the plane now, and all are exit row middle seats.

What would you do in this case? If I pick new seats could that screw my original seat selection?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:54 am
Original Poster

I now see this notice on the Air France booking information. However, is it not a little contradictory since it claims my seats are the same but when I click the seat options I have no seat?

"Due to an aircraft change, one of your flights has been modified. Please note that your Seat Option is confirmed and your seat number remains the same.
You can review the Seats section on this page."
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:39 am

You could just pickup the phone and call AF. That is what I would do.
Often1 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is no substitute for calling the operating carrier, e.g. AF.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:48 am
Original Poster

I'm trying their Twitter support. If that doesn't work I will call. Just worried that air France won't care about it since I'm a Delta customer booking via KLM.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:07 am

You didn't say which seats you had, but if they were in the front there's a good chance the curtain was moved, I'm not sure about the relevance if you being a Delta DM or KLM being the "booking agent", I suppose you have an AF operated, AF coded flight(s)?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:30 am
Original Poster

I had seats 12D and 12E, which I am fairly certain where exit row seats.

My ticket number starts with 074.

As far as my comment about them not caring about me. I waited in line on the phone for 12 minutes, got an agent who said he needed to transfer me, and the line went silent for 60 seconds and then hung up...
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:35 am
Original Poster

It appears 074 is KLM ticket code.

Flight is operated by AF.

So, should I still be calling AF? Any idea where they tried to transfer me?

I called a 2nd time and the system hung up on me again.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you call from the USA, specially trained DL agents handle AF/KLM customer service for these partners, so I suspect it doesn't matter whether you call AF or KLM. I'd start by calling the operating carrier, which would be KLM.

You have a KLM ticket number, but are the flights marketed (flight number) as AF or KLM? [codeshares?]
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you call from the USA, specially trained DL agents handle AF/KLM customer service for these partners, so I suspect it doesn't matter whether you call AF or KLM. I'd start by calling the operating carrier, which would be KLM.

You have a KLM ticket number, but are the flights marketed (flight number) as AF or KLM? [codeshares?]
Flights are AF 1321 and AF 1624 (JOON).

I will try calling KLM and see if they can help.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Original number I called for AF was +1 519 772 3570. I am currently in EU.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

I'm not sure how TLV-CDG-LIS will be operated by KL
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pulpfiction78
Flights are AF 1321 and AF 1624 (JOON).

I will try calling KLM and see if they can help.
Then when KLM sold the ticket, they were functioning as your travel agent and nothing more. AF handles seat assignments on its own flights, although normally DL customers can succeed in getting AF seat assignments via the KLM website.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by pulpfiction78
I had seats 12D and 12E, which I am fairly certain where exit row seats.

My ticket number starts with 074.

As far as my comment about them not caring about me. I waited in line on the phone for 12 minutes, got an agent who said he needed to transfer me, and the line went silent for 60 seconds and then hung up...
Then less likely it has to do with the curtain, could be an equipment swap or the other odd reason.
Since you are in the EU, I would say call AF in France... (not sure why you would try a US number)
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
I'm not sure how TLV-CDG-LIS will be operated by KL
I never said OPERATED BY KLM, but MARKETED by KLM is certainly possible. Lots of AF operated flights are sold also as KLM codeshares, with KLM flight numbers, even though they're operated by AF using AF aircraft, AF crews, and AF catering (so no houses!).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.