DL to Bangalore via CDG/AF...Feedback?

Old Feb 6, 19, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
DL to Bangalore via CDG/AF...Feedback?

All,

Unexpected business trip (sprint) next week to Bangalore. Good news is that I should not have any problem making PM for 2020....and it's a one hopper from BOS. Bad news is that it's a 3 day turaround. However, what I really want to know is: How is the DL/AF CDG to Bangalore leg? I'm in FC. Anything I should be aware of?

I am posting here as the AF section is much less busy...but happy to take my convo there if need be (as long as they can answer my question).
Old Feb 6, 19, 2:32 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I have flown CDG-BLR a few times (usually out in W, back in J). W is the old-style shell seat, so not the most comfortable (but OK for working) whereas J is the BEST lie flat seat. Catering is so-so, especially on the return flight (01:50 departure). My main gripe is the lack of a cheese course in J, which would be something to look forward to after a few days of paneer... Given the departure time, sleep is the main thing on the way back and that is no problem in J. There is no P on this route.
Old Feb 6, 19, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM (2 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime) ; Former DL/AMEX Platinum Cardholder
Great wine and variable service (depending on the mood of the flight attendants).
You'll be comfortable up front, miserable if in the back.
Return departure is brutal due to early am slot.
Get a late check out of hotel if possible.
Old Feb 6, 19, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Great information all, thank you. I'm in First, so I should be okay from a relaxing perspecitive. Is there Wifi on this route (assuming no)? How is the movie selection (lots of first runs in English)? Or should I bring my stash of movies with me? Funny thing is that I went to Malaysia in November on China Eastern...and forget my DVDs. About 1/2 thru my mileage run, I regretted it immensely as I am not into action movies (and those seemed to account for at least 50% of the movie selection).

Lordy, never even noticed that my flight leaves at 1:30a on Thursday morning. I will be in the office all day Wed. What do folks do after work? Grab a late dinner and try to stay up? Will hotels really let you check out at 11pm? That seems like an awfully late checkout. I am going to try and grab a room at the Ritz Carlton, if that makes a difference.

My sleep schedule will be completely off. Oh well...
Old Feb 6, 19, 9:59 pm

For the return flight, I always book a night at the Taj hotel at the airport. This is within easy walking distance of the terminal, so I can saunter up quite late. The lounge at BLR is nothing special. The movie selection is pretty good on AF but I usually have a few extras on my iPad because the selection is not changed that regularly.
Old Feb 6, 19, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
As said by other posters, there is no First on this route. You are likely in Business class.
CO-PLAT and glennhaak like this.
Old Feb 7, 19, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for the suggestions....Business/First, as long as it's got lie flats (which I believe it does via the website) I'm fine. I don't need a private cabin, just a decent shot at some sleep.

Edit: Can someone confirm, wifi or no? Thx

Last edited by navi_jen; Feb 7, 19 at 10:29 am
Old Feb 7, 19, 1:29 pm

Programs: AF/KLM FB Silver, AccorHotels Gold
Probably not. AF has only a small handful of planes with Wifi.
Old Feb 7, 19, 5:11 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Silver) OneWorld Ruby, Taj InnerCirlce Silver, LH Miles & More, JetPrivilege Blue
Flying BLR-CDG (AF 191) in J in the next few days. The equipment shows as the 777-300ER, with BEST seats. There is no La Premiere on this route, any way you can select those seats, with J service, obviously.

Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 19, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, ICH Gold, *A Gold
Looks like they switch to an A330-200 on April 1st for the BLR-CDG route. I major downgrade for J seat. I'm currently booked on the Jet Airways flight (to AMS) in J on 8-APR, but was considering changing to AF since Jet is in so much financial trouble.

Tuesday's flight was canceled and Wednesday's flight arrived 3:41 late despite departing on time. I wonder if it was because they had to fly around Pakistan airspace?
Old Mar 6, 19, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT View Post
Looks like they switch to an A330-200 on April 1st for the BLR-CDG route. I major downgrade for J seat. I'm currently booked on the Jet Airways flight (to AMS) in J on 8-APR, but was considering changing to AF since Jet is in so much financial trouble.

Tuesday's flight was canceled and Wednesday's flight arrived 3:41 late despite departing on time. I wonder if it was because they had to fly around Pakistan airspace?
Yuk! I fly quite a bit on this route and when I can swing an upgrade, the BEST seat means a good night's sleep on the way back.

Last Thursday's AF flight from BLR was also cancelled - not sure why as the incoming flight from CDG (AF194) was on time, despite the Ind-Pak situation. My wife flew back last Saturday on AF191 and arrived quite late in CDG, so perhaps the routings are very variable or even unobtainable on some dates?