HOP! becomes Air France HOP

Old Jun 24, 19, 11:12 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Actually, I thought that these short flights were going to be rebranded simply as Air France HOP, even though the HOP mark effectively gors away. Anyone up for doing a final Lyon-Poitiers-La Rochelle before it gets canned?
Old Jun 25, 19, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Actually, I thought that these short flights were going to be rebranded simply as Air France HOP, even though the HOP mark effectively gors away. Anyone up for doing a final Lyon-Poitiers-La Rochelle before it gets canned?
It has to be the most surprising route on AF's routes board Who had this idea ? Btw, I always wanted to know if the La Rochelle - Poitiers and Poitiers - La Rochelle were considered as 2 distincts segments (so 2 x 2 XP ?)
Old Jun 25, 19, 2:29 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Coder33 View Post
It has to be the most surprising route on AF's routes board Who had this idea ? Btw, I always wanted to know if the La Rochelle - Poitiers and Poitiers - La Rochelle were considered as 2 distincts segments (so 2 x 2 XP ?)
No, there are others, or at least there were until not too long ago. Lyon-Le Havre-Caen is another one. And if you go further back into the 1980s you'll find some routes that by today's standards would be considered odd (Lyon Bordeaux Pointe-a-Pitre Fort de France Marseille Mulhouse, on a 747; Paris CDG Recife Rio de Janeiro Buenos Aires Santiago de Chile Buenos Aires Montevideo Rio de Janeiro Paris CDG, also a 747; Metz-Mulhouse-Tunis, on a 727. A I'd need to look up when in the 80s they stopped stopping in Manaus on their way to Ecuador)

I have taken that LRH-LYS flight, nothing special. Just like any other flight with intermediate stops, it counts as one leg for mileage earnings.
bodory, Goldorak and Coder33 like this.
Old Jun 25, 19, 6:22 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
No, there are others, or at least there were until not too long ago. Lyon-Le Havre-Caen is another one. And if you go further back into the 1980s you'll find some routes that by today's standards would be considered odd (Lyon Bordeaux Pointe-a-Pitre Fort de France Marseille Mulhouse, on a 747; Paris CDG Recife Rio de Janeiro Buenos Aires Santiago de Chile Buenos Aires Montevideo Rio de Janeiro Paris CDG, also a 747; Metz-Mulhouse-Tunis, on a 727. A I'd need to look up when in the 80s they stopped stopping in Manaus on their way to Ecuador)

I have taken that LRH-LYS flight, nothing special. Just like any other flight with intermediate stops, it counts as one leg for mileage earnings.
I also remember taking a LYS-SXB-CPH flight in the mid-2000s but I don't think it lasted very long.