Wiki Posts
Search

First Air France return flight, unintended no-show

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

First Air France return flight, unintended no-show

Hi,
I made my first ever flight with Air France this weekend from Stockholm to Paris return flight. I had intended to fly back to Stockholm on the latest flight but due to unplanned events I had to take another flight back home with a LCC flight as the other AF flights that day were full.

I was apparently automatically checked in to the AF return leg but I cancelled the check in and tried to contact AF through their social webpages, unfortunately only got a response my ticket is non refundable (which I already knew) and could request for refund of taxes.

Now when checking my booking online it says "No show" by the return flight, and on the top there is a message

"You were not present at boarding for one of your flights. Please contact us at the phone number listed below."

Why do they want me to contact them? Are they going to scold me or find out a reason or demand a no show fee? Or will they ban me from flying again?

It's not like I intended to go cheaper or anything as the single trip ticket cost as much as the return ticket apparently. I would not have earned anything from that.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
They probably assume that you still want to fly the return leg, in which case you'd need to call them to get the ticket reinstated for a fee.
irishguy28 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Ah, well that makes sense. So there is no need to call back to them then?

There is no risk I will recieve a penalty fee or they charging my C.C or something in the near future?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by pizzapie
Ah, well that makes sense. So there is no need to call back to them then?
No!

Originally Posted by pizzapie
There is no risk I will recieve a penalty fee or they charging my C.C or something in the near future?
No!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I very much doubt you would get in any trouble for this, but if you manage to call them back and explain they might offer a refund of airport fees or a small commercial gesture (esp if you kept a record of originally trying to reach them)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is worth calculating the taxes, including APD. There s an administrative fee for processing a refund, so it may not be worth requesting a refund, but you won't know that until you call and find out what the taxes and admin fee are.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
It is worth calculating the taxes, including APD. There s an administrative fee for processing a refund, so it may not be worth requesting a refund, but you won't know that until you call and find out what the taxes and admin fee are.
I did send them a message through their Facebook page, and was replied that my ticket was non refundable, but could use their refunding request page to possibly have taxes paid back.

I had intended to call them but had enough already on my hands trying to rearrange the Paris visit. But at least I tried to reach them in one way, and did my best to cancel the inward journey.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Facebook is a social media site. Yours is a business transaction. Call, ask the question, and be done with it.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You never cancelled the ticket. Asking clarifications on FB is not cancelling the ticket, nor his not checking in (i.e. cancelling the automatic checki n).
I also doubt that you are entitled to any tax refund as cancelling the inward leg would lead to repricing at a much higher fare.

My suggestion is to simply ignore the message. Tons of pax have left the last leg of a ticket unused. Nothing happens to them unless they are repeat offenders flagged by the system..
A no show fee is usually imposed by an airline if you wish to reuse the ticket for another flight (on top of the change fee). But you should not worry in your case.
irishguy28 likes this.

Last edited by brunos; Feb 13, 2019 at 3:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.