Search

La Premiere...Seat to Bed and back to Seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

La Premiere...Seat to Bed and back to Seat

Hello all,

I am not very familiar with how the Air France La Premiere seat works on the 777-300ER. To go to bed mode, I understand that flight attendants place a mattress down on the seat once its flat, but what about if you want to go back to seat mode during the flight, do you have to have a flight attendant take away the mattress? Then, if you go back to bed mode, you have to have the flight attendant put the mattress back down?

ON long flights, I like to switch between bed mode and seat mode quite a bit but like the fact that I dont need a flight attendant every time I want to switch back and forth, as on my Delta flights in business class. Does anyone know how this works with the La Premiere seat?

Last edited by DLSuites; Jan 16, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: United 1k, BA Gold, LX Senator, Flying Blue Plat, IHG Plat. Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold
Hi, I'll answer this based on my experiences.

The seat itself isn't like some other airlines (ie. VS or SQ) where the bed is a different setting than the seat. So for the seat to go flat it just reclines all the way down and they put down the mattress (I actually then usually move the seat slightly up as I don't like to have a slight incline while sleeping). The mattress itself folds up so its something you could potentially fold and keep on your foot rest if it's bothering you while you're in recliner mode.

In terms of switching-- you have a few options:

-Keep it on the seat and just recline up. This is what I do most of the time as I do sometimes go back to sleep mode.
-Take it off yourself and keep it folded on the footrest or on the ground in front of the foot rest (there's a ton of space) or in your OH (keeping in mind the middle seats don't have their own overhead and have to use A and K bins, which is complicated due to the curtains).
-Ask a FA, however this probably isn't needed until you're done with the mattress
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the very informative reply Philly...

Sounds like I'll go with keeping the mattress on the seat and just recline up. It must be a very thin mattress if your able to do that.

There are some great first class fares from Europe to Singapore in La Premiere and until I read your reply, I was very hesitant to book it.

Thanks again
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
There's always a chance that there will be spare seat options in the cabin too, so quite possible to use one as a seat and one as a bed. Have done this several times.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLSuites
until I read your reply, I was very hesitant to book it.
Because of the mattress?!? Yikes!

It's not that thick of a mattress (maybe 1 inch?), and as was said, you can put the seat up with it still on.
The crew will also be more than happy to assist you removing and replacing it, if you prefer.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: United 1k, BA Gold, LX Senator, Flying Blue Plat, IHG Plat. Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold
]
There are some great first class fares from Europe to Singapore in La Premiere and until I read your reply, I was very hesitant to book it.

Thanks again
Unless you find a drastically better price on SQ of LX, I would not let this be a deterrent! AF is one of the best all around First Class offerings (especially when you add in the transfer/lounger service and the car transfer (depending on your city of origin)). SQ has zero ground service (but generally amazing in flight service) and I find LX is mostly balanced (especially with their new immigration shuttle service). But of my flights I generally find AF to be my consistant favourite in terms of value for money. Honestly you won't be disappointed!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
You're flying in P. You can have the flight attendant switch it on and off at your will.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lloydah
There's always a chance that there will be spare seat options in the cabin too, so quite possible to use one as a seat and one as a bed. Have done this several times.
I've read that a bunch of times that adjoining seats go out empty. Do non-revs get empty La Premiere seats? Being that the mattress is only 1 inch thick and can be folded and stored near the foot rest, that makes me feel more at ease. BTW the fare ex AMS, La-Premiere going and business on the return, comes to $4,600.00. I'm leaving from NYC so I just need a positioning flight on DL from JFK to AMS.

Last edited by DLSuites; Apr 20, 2019 at 1:41 pm
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I've read that adjoining seats go out empty. Do non-revs get empty La Premiere seats?
Non-revs do not get empty LP seats. Unsold seats will go empty. We've been on a number of flights CDG-JFK and CDG-LAX where my wife and I were the only pax. We were seated in the middle (1EF) but as noted above, our FA made 1A and 1L into our beds, so we could back and forth. IMO, the Air France La Premiere experience is the best in the world, especially on the 77W. You will love it.
Air France La Premiere 77W CDG-LAX
obscure2k likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: FB Plat
BTW the fare ex AMS, La-Premiere going and business on the return, comes to $4,600.00. I'm leaving from NYC so I just need a positioning flight on DL from JFK to AMS.
If you end up originating from AMS make sure to send a message to [email protected] to request access to the VIP Centre. Start the trip off right!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.