Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Business Class Seat Selection (2-2-2 and 2-3-2)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Air France Business Class Seat Selection (2-2-2 and 2-3-2)

I have a couple flights coming up in older Air France business configurations with which I have no experience.

First, I will be flying from Delhi to Paris on a 777 with a 2-3-2 configuration. Then, I will be flying from Paris to NYC in the upper deck of a 777 in a 2-2-2 configuration.

Normally I opt for a window seat in any 2-X-2 configuration, as I don't get up much and prefer not being disturbed by others who do. However, since these are both quite long flights, aisle access is more important to me.

If I were to take window seats on either of these flights, would my aisle access be restricted by my neighbor's recline? Would it be better to take aisle seats in the middle of the plane to avoid being crawled over or having to crawl over someone?

Finally, if anyone has insight into any particular rows to be avoided on either of these flights, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by acrophobia; Jan 13, 2019 at 7:59 am Reason: Typos
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
You're flying NEV4 seats on 777 and NEV3/4 seats on A380. If you have big legs you can "step over" your neighbor if they're sleeping. Otherwise you have to ask them. On A380, I'd take one of the middle seats.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by acrophobia
I have a couple flights coming up in older Air France business configurations with which I have no experience.

First, I will be flying from Delhi to Paris on a 777 with a 2-3-2 configuration. Then, I will be flying from Paris to NYC in the upper deck of a 777 in a 2-2-2 configuration.

Normally I opt for a window seat in any 2-X-2 configuration, as I don't get up much and prefer not being disturbed by others who do. However, since these are both quite long flights, aisle access is more important to me.

If I were to take window seats on either of these flights, would my aisle access be restricted by my neighbor's recline? Would it be better to take aisle seats in the middle of the plane to avoid being crawled over or having to crawl over someone?

Finally, if anyone has insight into any particular rows to be avoided on either of these flights, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I believe you mean A380 and not B777 for upper deck
on A380, if you want a window seat with no problem to access the aisle, take the bulkhead rows (60 or 65).
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You absolutely don't want to sit on the upper deck of a B777.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by ijgordon
You absolutely don't want to sit on the upper deck of a B777.
on the other hand, I'm told the crew rests are quite comfortable for sleeping.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haha, I knew someone would mention that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.