Business class. On the A320?

Old Jan 4, 19, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Business class. On the A320?

Flying AF in J class to/from Amman 2 people.
It's only on a A320 with only the middle seat advantage so it's very disappointing.
What do you recommend for the night flight - bulkhead to stretch out or the 2nd row to allow us to utilise the spare seat to spread out horizontally where we can lift the arm rests?

Cheers
Old Jan 4, 19, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Definitely the bulkhead IMO.
Old Jan 4, 19, 4:03 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold
I never pick bulkhead because I can't stretch my legs there.
SteveCanary likes this.
Old Jan 5, 19, 3:48 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Indeed. Bulkhead is in fact worse as row 2 since in row 2 you can stretch legs under the seat in front of you.
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:54 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I hate the bulkhead as well, I am pretty tall and although my knees don't touch the wall, the feet do making my legs stay in a Z position (wall on the right of the Z )
Legroom in row 2 or row 26 is pretty bad, knees get stuck in the front seat, you need to sleep in diagonal with the armrest raised, but for me it works out better than row 1.

You can try to get a voluntary downgrade on the second row of emergency exit, by far the most comfortable seats in the aircraft even when the middle seat is not empty.
Old Jan 7, 19, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Cheers for the info.
I was a bit disappointed to find it was only.a a320 but want the xp to secure platinum.
I really like the idea of downgrading for the extra legroom idea

Chris
Old Jan 7, 19, 12:46 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Ukchris82 View Post
Cheers for the info.
I was a bit disappointed to find it was only.a a320 but want the xp to secure platinum.
I really like the idea of downgrading for the extra legroom idea

Chris
Make sure you pick the second exit row though, as the the back of a first exit row seat will not recline (meaning extra leg room, but no recline).

Search this Thread