TIming for prospective OLCI UGing on AF flight

Old Jan 4, 19, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: statusless these days
TIming for prospective OLCI UGing on AF flight

I've got a AF flight coming up in a couple of months and are holding T fare tickets (fully refundable for some absurd reason). Haven't flown AF in the back and haven't UG'd since the KL YVR-OTP error fare, or the cheap-ish AF MAN-MEL.

Segment is LAX-PPT and I am hoping paid UGs are offered at check in. Since I have no status (but lots of miles - wasn't going to pay 160K for award seats though) and didn't want to prepay for assigned seats, I want to check in at T-24 to get decent seats. However the flight wouldn't have left CDG yet. Just wondering if timing makes any difference? Should I just log in periodically to check if UGs are being offered? If one has checked in and selected seats, can UGs still be offered later?
Old Jan 4, 19, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Yes, you can check regularly. UG proposals can appear, disappear and reappear. But the price can change also sometimes.
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:57 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach View Post
Haven't flown AF in the back and haven't UG'd since the KL YVR-OTP error fare, or the cheap-ish AF MAN-MEL
Nostalgy, I remember those sweet FT days...

Search this Thread