FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   "New" Orly (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1946962-new-orly.html)

joyu12 Dec 21, 2018 4:39 am

"New" Orly

So the new junction building at Orly is nearing completion and the end of Orly Ouest and Orly Sud with it...

Orly will become a single terminal building in March/April 2019 split into four departure/arrival halls, named Orly 1, 2, 3 and 4.

The change of names will take place during the night of 18/19 March, with a one month transitory period until the opening of Orly 3 on April 16th.

During the transitory period AF flights will be allotted as follows:

Orly 1 (Currrent Ouest Halls 1, 2) - Short and Medium haul
Orly 2 (Current Hall 3) - Long haul and Non-schengen

If i understand the AF newsletter (in french), current Ouest Hall 4 will be closed during the transitory period for the merger with Orly 3.

However in true French fashion the Paris Aeroport website does not give the same info at all for the transitory period :D

As for future airline repartition, Air Corsica is tweeting about operating from Orly 3 in April 2019, so hopefully with a bit of luck AF/ST airlines will co-locate their short and medium haul in Orly 3 and simplify connections at Orly.

Goldorak Dec 21, 2018 2:46 pm

Thank you for those information. Interesting.

Originally Posted by joyu12 (Post 30560477)
As for future airline repartition, Air Corsica is tweeting about operating from Orly 3 in April 2019, so hopefully with a bit of luck AF/ST airlines will co-locate their short and medium haul in Orly 3 and simplify connections at Orly.

AFAIK, AF will not leave current hall 2 and the lounge they have there.

carnarvon Dec 25, 2018 2:16 am

Connecting building between CDG 2 D & B

Has anyone noticed, that a connecting terminal is being built between CDG 2 B & D, in the same manner as the existing one between 2A & C?

I had read that they were considering it, but did not know that the decision had been made.

I saw this when taxiing to 2D from the south runway.

Goldorak Dec 25, 2018 3:12 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon (Post 30572095)
Has anyone noticed, that a connecting terminal is being built between CDG 2 B & D, in the same manner as the existing one between 2A & C?

Yes, I confirm.

San Gottardo Dec 28, 2018 10:44 am

Interesting. Will the current users of ORY Ouest Hall 1 (TAP, Vueling, Iberia...) remain there or move elsewhere, so that AF has all of current Halls 1 and 2 to itself?

joyu12 Dec 31, 2018 5:47 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 30582182)
Interesting. Will the current users of ORY Ouest Hall 1 (TAP, Vueling, Iberia...) remain there or move elsewhere, so that AF has all of current Halls 1 and 2 to itself?

Nothing announced yet, i assume they will stay there (and UX in Hall 4) for the transitory period, but after that i wouldn't be surprised to see AF try and have two halls to themselves.

ElmhurstNick Jan 6, 2019 9:05 pm

Does this mean that it will be easier to get from the Ouest Hall 1 gates to the Ibis/Novotel complex across the road from the Sud gates (over the long walkway)? It's not horrible now, but it's annoying in that you can't push a trolley onto the little rail thingie between Ouest and Sud. Being able to take a nice long slow walk with one's trolley would be an advantage.

joyu12 Jan 7, 2019 3:36 am

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick (Post 30620428)
Does this mean that it will be easier to get from the Ouest Hall 1 gates to the Ibis/Novotel complex across the road from the Sud gates (over the long walkway)? It's not horrible now, but it's annoying in that you can't push a trolley onto the little rail thingie between Ouest and Sud. Being able to take a nice long slow walk with one's trolley would be an advantage.

That is my understanding yes.

joyu12 Jan 7, 2019 3:42 am

Found this in the January issue of AF Magazine yesterday on my flight, it does seem a lot like AF will be moving to ORY3 in April.

On an off-topic subject i also spotted an A319 on the gate next to mine (F-GRHQ) fitted with what looked a lot like a WI-FI dome when arriving into Orly last night...

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6f427e4490.png

joyu12 Mar 19, 2019 3:12 am

Hello all, the first phase of New Orly changing is today!

Orly 1, 2 and 4 has entered service and a new gate numbering system has been implemented, A for old hall 1, B for old hall 2, C for hall 3/4 while Orly 3 will use D for international flights and E for Schengen flights. Orly 4 will use E for Schengen flights (It is a common terminal after all, so it looks like the old schengen gates in Orly Sud will merge with new Orly 3) and F for international flights.

Until April 30th, AF/XK/TO flights will operate from their current halls, before AF long-haul / TO / XK all moves to operate from Orly 3.
I hope ADP will also construct better transfer facilities so we can avoid clearing security multiple times when transferring at Orly, but i'm not holding my breath...

joyu12 May 14, 2019 2:53 am

An update on Orly 3:

Delays seem to accumulate in the move to Orly 3 for AF and XK operations as the move keeps being pushed back. No flights except TO Schengen operations are scheduled until next week, while the lounge in Orly 2 will close on May 27th, which makes it plausible that AF will move only at the end of the month.

However, the big news are the introduction of airside transfers, with Orly 1 B-Gates (navette gates), Orly 2, 3 and 4 all connected airside according to Paris Aeroport maps, making it possible to connect airside directly! The A-gates however will not be connected to the rest of Orly airside at the moment it seems from the maps i have looked at and the arrivals process i have gone through recently at the A-gates where airside connections are only available for A to A connections.

brunos May 14, 2019 4:36 am

Originally Posted by joyu12 (Post 30904146)
Hello all, the first phase of New Orly changing is today!

Orly 1, 2 and 4 has entered service and a new gate numbering system has been implemented, A for old hall 1, B for old hall 2, C for hall 3/4 while Orly 3 will use D for international flights and E for Schengen flights. Orly 4 will use E for Schengen flights (It is a common terminal after all, so it looks like the old schengen gates in Orly Sud will merge with new Orly 3) and F for international flights.

Until April 30th, AF/XK/TO flights will operate from their current halls, before AF long-haul / TO / XK all moves to operate from Orly 3.
I hope ADP will also construct better transfer facilities so we can avoid clearing security multiple times when transferring at Orly, but i'm not holding my breath...

I am confused.
You indicate gate numbering A or B for Orly 1, but the airport website says gates 11 to 18 with two check-in area A and B.
Anyway, I will be boarding a flight to NCE. Are they still using the former Hall 2?

Goldorak May 14, 2019 5:39 am

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 31099405)
Anyway, I will be boarding a flight to NCE. Are they still using the former Hall 2?

Yes and this now B gates.

San Gottardo May 14, 2019 7:29 am

I am also confused. Not by your post, but by ADP. By their labelling logic. If in any case they have check-in areas labelled A-E, then why add another dimension, which is the numbers of "Orly x". And I cannot seem to find any comprehensive map that shows the location of every gate), only something that has an arrow pointing in the direction of the various gates. What makes it confusing is that there is no clear logic between the labels and Schengen vs. non-Schengen. Orly 1 has an A and a B pier, both of which are Schengen. Orly 2 has C gates, and is all non-Schengen. So far so good. But then Orly 3 has a Schengen and a non-Schengen part. To maintain that logic there should by an Orly 3 for either Schengen or non-Schengen. But no, Orly 3 is for both Schengen and non-Schengen. Where - just to make things really confusing - it is sharing the Schengen part with Orly 4, but not the non-Schengen part.

If there was a need for one more reason to privatise ADP there you have it. Being a privately run company that can afford to attract people with practical management skills and a clearly-structured view of things instead of bureaucrats with life-long jobs whose training was at some "Kafka School of Bureaucratic complication" with compulsory internships at CERFA and some other mindboggingly useless bureaucracy who produces nothing other than contradiction to other bureaucracies.

And I am confused by the AF move. I thought they'd stay where they are today. Which would be Orly 1B for domestic flights, with the domestic lounge right where it is now. And then Orly 2C for non-Schengen flights, with a lounge in that part of the airport. So why are they moving? Where to? Will there be a new lounge?

joyu12 May 14, 2019 7:41 am

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 31099405)
I am confused.
You indicate gate numbering A or B for Orly 1, but the airport website says gates 11 to 18 with two check-in area A and B.

Orly 1 is comprised of two boarding areas, A for former hall 1 and B for former Hall 2.