FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   CDG connection questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1945401-cdg-connection-questions.html)

gungadin Dec 12, 2018 8:55 am

CDG connection questions

I am flying to my brothers funeral in Germany on Codeshare with Air France. My connection time is an hour and 25 minutes and will be connecting from a business class Air France flight ( in E?) to a first class HOP! Flight to DUS which seems to go out from G. It is a very early flight, landing at CDG at 5:50 am. I am 75 and though I am a good traveler, I am not a good runner anymore. No wheelchair necessary but no sprints either. I got a bit nervous and was considering the Air France meet and Greet service but am having trouble getting hold of them. Do experienced CDG transiters think I will be ok or should I continue trying to get in touch with Air France meet and greet? Phone is always busy. Would appreciate any wisdom. This is a stressful trip for me .

PeteM01 Dec 12, 2018 9:14 am

Originally Posted by gungadin (Post 30527261)
I am flying to my brothers funeral in Germany on Codeshare with Air France. My connection time is an hour and 25 minutes and will be connecting from a business class Air France flight ( in E?) to a first class HOP! Flight to DUS which seems to go out from G. It is a very early flight, landing at CDG at 5:50 am. I am 75 and though I am a good traveler, I am not a good runner anymore. No wheelchair necessary but no sprints either. I got a bit nervous and was considering the Air France meet and Greet service but am having trouble getting hold of them. Do experienced CDG transliterates think I will be ok or should I continue trying to get in touch with Air France meet and greet? Phone is always busy. Would appreciate any wisdom. This is a stressful trip for me .

I am sorry to hear that you are travelling under such sad circumstances. I have not made the 2E-2G connection, but the official website recommends 25-35 minutes: Transit terminal 2E - PARIS-CDG CHARLES de GAULLE AIRPORT
If your flight is on time, you should be able to make it. Morning times can be very busy, of course, but there is quite a margin built in to your schedule.

Goldorak Dec 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Sorry for your loss gungadin.
you should be fine without any special service. You may even have time to stop at the nice AF lounge in 2G.
PS : there is no such thing as "first class" on EU flights (this is a US domestic flights thing). It's Euro-business class, consisting as the same seat as in Y but middle seat blocked. But to DUS, this is a regional jet (E190 or E175) so there is no blocked seat as the seating is 2x2. But, knowing the circumstances, this is the least of your concern.

gungadin Dec 15, 2018 9:53 am

I am here in Germany but I just wanted to thank both Goldorak and PeteM01. You were so right. I had absolutely no trouble at CDG- great clear signage and short lines plus clear answers from anyone I asked. Now at JFK the bus driver told be he did not go to terminal one after another official had told me he did and I got numerous vague answers, poor help and awful signage. I think I prefer CDG��

Goldorak Dec 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by gungadin (Post 30538679)
I am here in Germany but I just wanted to thank both Goldorak and PeteM01. You were so right. I had absolutely no trouble at CDG- great clear signage and short lines plus clear answers from anyone I asked. Now at JFK the bus driver told be he did not go to terminal one after another official had told me he did and I got numerous vague answers, poor help and awful signage. I think I prefer CDG��

thank you for your words. I am glad everything went well, especially in this sad context for you.