Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF opening route to TBS in the summer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84

Timings certainly support XXX-CDG-TBS and vv. I’m more curious about the airframe utilisation on this route. 12 hours downtime seems a lot for a short haul a/c. How long is the a/c on the ground in EVN?
Yerevan is also a night-stop, arrival 20:40 and departure back to Paris at 9:15 in the morning (it's all done by the same crew, or at least that's how it used to be).

G
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
AF was petitioned by the Georgian government already in Q4 2017 to re-start this service. I have been flying it via SVO and arriving at lunch. The return also leaves so early that you can get back to Central Europe by lunch on the way back. This flight isn't quite as convenient but might work.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:15 pm

2 flights a week when most other carriers operate at least a daily service (if not 2) during the summer... Ah well, fingers crossed and it's good to have a SkyTeam alternative anyway (same with Belgrade, also recently announced).

G
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
May I remind that we have a master thread for new and cancelled routes, to avoid to start a new thread each time
Master thread : AF new and cancelled routes
RabbitIYH likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Happy to find that the TBS route still has some discounted awards tickets, albeit they're very sparse. Managed to get 2 one ways from MUC to TBS for 18,000 each in J. Now need to get something on the return which is currently a whooping 50,000 in J.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by orbitmic
That's unfortunately the sad destiny of TBS flights! The busiest arrival time is around 2-4am and the busiest departure time 5-6am. The big airlines do that to maximise same day connection opportunities as well as available rotations. That's what makes the AF flight so tempting (so far, the only way to get non horrid times from most places is TK via IST or even Pegasus if you dare!) as well as so surprising (the plane looks like it will spend more than 12 hours at TBS doing nothing!
The night stop is the only sensible way to operate this flight. The plane couldn‘t fly back immediately (=after a 1-2 hour turnaround) because the crew would clock over its max duty time. The crew therefore need a rest time. Since the flight only operates twice a week, it makes more sense to have the night stop than to have crews stay 3-4 days in TBS to operate the no-nightstopt return flight.

If they operated the flight on a daily basis, they would probably turn around the plane in TBS and switch the crew (incoming crew spends a night in TBS and operates next day’s return flight)
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I'm the only one who thinks that hotel rates in Tbilisi have increased significantly during the last years ? - in particular compared to how cheap everything else is in Georgia. I was in Tbilisi and Batumi for holiday in early September 2016 and enjoyed it immensely but when I checked rates for a possible visit this year I was put off by the hotel rates.

Last edited by SK AAR; Feb 18, 2019 at 4:39 am
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm the only one who thinks that hotel rates in Tbilisi have increased significantly during the last years ? - in particular compared to how cheap everything else is in Georgia. I was there fore holiday in early september 2016 and enjoyed it immensely but when I check rates for a new visit this year I was put off by the hotel rates.
well thats a possible downside , but georgia has always been a hotspot for holidays , so its quite normal that prices may rise as the flow of tourists never slow down

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.