Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Joon over?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: FB Plat
It will be a Joon flight. They didn't even officially confirm that Joon would stop, so February would be too short to switch from Joon to mainline AF.
pbiflyer and Goldorak like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat

Today the 14:55 from BCN to CDG was AF branded and operated with the standard AF service. First time I have seen an AF branded plane at BCN since the route was Jooned.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Will mainline AF take over all the routes?
Of course they will for medium haul. There is no way AF could drop service to all capital/major cities in Europe Joon has taken over AF (LIS, BCN, TXL, OSL, BUD, FCO, NAP, IST, and soon ARN, PRG, MAD, etc etc).
On long-haul, it can be different and on a case-by-case basis. Some routes, for sure, will go back to AF mainline like CAI, SXM, BOM and CPT. Other can be questionnable like SEZ, FOR and the one announced but not started yet like UIO.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Hmm, my overseas flight in May 2019 was cancelled and rebooked onto KLM today. It had a Joon connection in Europe... Seems like they are cutting back on some old Joon routes?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KLBGO
Hmm, my overseas flight in May 2019 was cancelled and rebooked onto KLM today. It had a Joon connection in Europe... Seems like they are cutting back on some old Joon routes?
With so few details, it's hard to say. For sure not linked to potential stop of Joon ops but just re-scheduling.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HalconBCN

Today the 14:55 from BCN to CDG was AF branded and operated with the standard AF service. First time I have seen an AF branded plane at BCN since the route was Jooned.
The same happened to me on the 15th of October, the flight was operated by AF with AF service.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:14 am

I have another JOON flight to BOM booked for next February, and I hope that it will still be JOON operated (or at least, still on the refurbished A340). The PE seats are the best in the AF fleet and the FAs were much friendlier than the standard AF crews. Long live JOON (well, until March will do for me).
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:19 am

And today my Joon connection from CDG in August 2019 was cancelled. Second cancellation in two days.

I have got a new connection. Landing 13:30 in CDG 2F, departing from CDG 2G with a "LAST CHECK IN TIME: 13:35"... Well, it's not very far to walk, and they probably do not close the gate at 13:35. But this whole thing does not look very customer friendly.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by PeteM01
I have another JOON flight to BOM booked for next February, and I hope that it will still be JOON operated (or at least, still on the refurbished A340). The PE seats are the best in the AF fleet and the FAs were much friendlier than the standard AF crews. Long live JOON (well, until March will do for me).
Of course it will be still Joon in feb. And even after the planes will still be there for a while.

Originally Posted by KLBGO
I have got a new connection. Landing 13:30 in CDG 2F, departing from CDG 2G with a "LAST CHECK IN TIME: 13:35"... Well, it's not very far to walk, and they probably do not close the gate at 13:35. But this whole thing does not look very customer friendly.
You cannot walk from 2F to 2G. Bus is mandatory. Last check-in time is irrelevant as I am guessing you will be checked-in already. As the flight is from 2G, I am guessing it departs around 14:15 ? It will be very tight to make this connection. Not impossible if your incoming flight is on-time and if you are seated at the front to disembark quickly and rush. Otherwise, unlikely to make it. I am not sure it is a legal connection. Is this on the same ticket or separate ?
KLBGO likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: FB Plat
Is Joon over? No (French)

To sum up:
- Ben Smith told that Joon will not be stopped, and all planes and employees will stay
- The brand had some success, at least financially
- Joon's role inside the pool of AF brands needs to be more clearly defined
- Many options on what to do next, nothing decided yet.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So the usual confusion reigns. Air France operated by Hop operated by Transavia operated by Joon.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Not impossible if your incoming flight is on-time and if you are seated at the front to disembark quickly and rush. Otherwise, unlikely to make it. I am not sure it is a legal connection. Is this on the same ticket or separate ?
Same ticket. But I had it changed, won't risk it. Seems like AFKL is stretching the limits these days...
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: Many
Game over, this time for good.
Zembla and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bodory
Game over, this time for good.
LOL.

That was obviously going to happen. What a waste of time. Can I have my ten hundred thousand pounds now please? (consultancy fee).
Zembla, RoyalSwazi and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
*Frantically on the lookout for another airline where its allowed to wear sneakers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.