Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Joon over?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishbcn
I fly it a bit not because it's Joon but it's the only way from my home airport, BCN, to connect to AF routes from CDG that I use.
...and I suspect that you share the characteristic of not being that bothered with the name of the airline you fly with 99.9999% of other passengers.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
...and I suspect that you share the characteristic of not being that bothered with the name of the airline you fly with 99.9999% of other passengers.
Not true. I am bothered with whom I fly longhaul and to connect to AF longhaul I have to connect on Joon.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not true. I am bothered with whom I fly longhaul and to connect to AF longhaul I have to connect on Joon.
I am sure that you care with whom you fly. But do you care about the name of the airline? Would you change your travel plans because of the name of an airline?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:54 pm

Fantastic news. Air France needs to focus on its true product and keep their tried and true service but perhaps work on more training of the crew and ground staff for a more uniformed experience.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Let's hope that now AF/KLM don't go BoB for shorthaul economy!
That's my fear now...
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It would be a shame, because I feel they have greatly improved their service offering in Economy. Par contre, I find European Business really poor. My flights to and from Moscow had school canteen dinner meals (but I probably already whinged about that somewhere else here).
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
That's my fear now...
Well, having the current long-haul menus à la carte on the medium-haul network would be nice.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Le Figaro is reporting that Joon is finished,

http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/2018/11/29/20005-20181129ARTFIG00326-air-france-prete-a-stopper-l-aventure-joon.php
Love it, love it, love it. Please let it be true.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
That's my fear now...
Maybe all the European AF flights will adopt the Joon model: free tea/coffee/juice/water and pay for everything else? So: they may get rid of the Joon brand, but keep its downgraded service concept.

It will be intersting to see if AC is used as a template. Interestingly enough, AC does offer free meals/snacks on domestic flights when connecting to/from international. I flew Montreal to Paris with AC last year and the food was so poor I swore I would never fly AC again. Breakfast consisted of a piece of banana bread. Vile.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: Many
That's my fear now...
Be sure that will be presented as an improvement based on their customers' needs.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bodory
Be sure that will be presented as an improvement based on their customers' needs.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by Sallycat
Unluckily for me, I will be flying Joon this weekend. Too bad the wind-down isn’t occurring today.
My AF1625 LIS-CDG on JOON A321 return flight was replaced with a A320 standard Air France crew/service yesterday.

Seats were reassigned weirdly, breaking down groups and families.

3 days before it was still the JOON crew/plane.

Julien
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by generikz
My AF1625 LIS-CDG on JOON A321 return flight was replaced with a A320 standard Air France crew/service yesterday.

Seats were reassigned weirdly, breaking down groups and families.

3 days before it was still the JOON crew/plane.

Julien
You got lucky! Flew CDG-CPT today and it was Joon. We did get our originally booked seats which was good... although seat pitch was terrible. I am only 5’1” (long torso, short legs) so I never complain about seat pitch but it was a tough ride for both me and my 6’2” husband!
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Looks like the SNPL is going to ask for the €40M worth of efforts back if Joon stops.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Will mainline AF take over all the routes? I am booking a trip to LIS on Delta for February. The Delta site still says Joon.
It is a short flight, so don't really care what plane. But would hate to find out after booking that they cancel the flight and replace it with a much later one, or an earlier one that prevents my already close 1:35 connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.