CDG - transfer from shengen to flight for US

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:30 am
yno
Original Poster

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
CDG - transfer from shengen to flight for US

Hi,

I'm usually flying to the US from AMS, quite easy, used to the control at the D jetty and then being sent to our gate.
So this time we're having a stop at CDG before flying to the US.

Is there a similar system as in AMS or do you go straight to the gate where questions and other controls are done there? Flying with 2 young kids who are more than used to fly.

Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: FB Gold
Since you're connecting, they will do the security questions directly at the gate, no need to stop anywhere else. There will be agents there to go through it just before you board. If you were starting at CDG, they would do the questions at checkin and then put a sticker on the back of your passport so you wouldn't get re-questioned at the gate.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But you'll go through passport control at CDG, when transferring from terminal 2F to 2E for the Transatlantic, right?
But I don't think there will need to be another (physical) security check, that's done in AMS.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
But you'll go through passport control at CDG, when transferring from terminal 2F to 2E for the Transatlantic, right?
But I don't think there will need to be another (physical) security check, that's done in AMS.
all correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.