A strange of "no show" at TXL

Old Oct 29, 18, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This happens periodically on other airlines as well. There was a situation recently on AA discussed here on FT where the person was flying (IIRC) US to LHR and the return was cancelled. The phone agent said to sort it out at the airport, which proved to be bad advice, the original return flight was sold out by then.
Old Oct 29, 18, 2:28 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
It can also happen the other way around: I had a CDG MAD booked for a while. I changed it to CDG BCN. Eventually AF cancelled CDG BCN and I decided to ask for the EU compensation + the segment refund. Eventually, KLM contacted me to credit me the miles of CDG MAD which I have never taken! Obviously I have never requested a miles credit for this flight nor the CDG BCN one that I got refunded.
Old Oct 29, 18, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Err..France View Post
Update form Monday morning: Air France Germany now confirms that I've flown with them on october 2th. This flight shouldn't have been tagged as "no show", what prevented me from checking in for the return flight on last Friday. I am now waiting for the answer from the custumer service about compensation and reimbursment of travel expenses.
The people at Air France didn't elaborate on an answer about the causes of the technical glitch, which seems to happen very rarely as user f4free reported. In the future I will frequently check my reservations on Air France/KLM metal and monitor the status of my flights when booking a return ticket.
I am glad you sorted this out.
Old Oct 29, 18, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Err..France View Post
Update form Monday morning: Air France Germany now confirms that I've flown with them on october 2th. This flight shouldn't have been tagged as "no show", what prevented me from checking in for the return flight on last Friday. I am now waiting for the answer from the custumer service about compensation and reimbursment of travel expenses.
The people at Air France didn't elaborate on an answer about the causes of the technical glitch, which seems to happen very rarely as user f4free reported. In the future I will frequently check my reservations on Air France/KLM metal and monitor the status of my flights when booking a return ticket.
Glad that you got it sorted out.
My guess is that AF does not know what happened but would rather reimburse you a small sum than go through further action.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: